• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Yealinks Randomly Not Registering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert4049

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have some yealinks setup as remote extensions and some are not registering. What's odd is if I switch them to TCP they'll register. On the same hand however there are phones in the same network using UDP to register and they work without issue? I've triple checked ports and the full nine yards and I'm just not sure where to start?

Hi Robert,

How are these remote extensions being used ? via remote STUN or SBC ?

Ive been using Yealinks for about 8 years now with 3CX and never had to do this with remote extensions. I do however fully support using SBC over STUN for simplicity's sake.

Registration used port 5060 as you can see you need both port forwarded with 3CX:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-phone-system-v14-ports/

I would advise when the issue is apparent next run a PCAP trace from the Yealink, see how it is trying to register and what/if 3CX is responding:
http://forum.yealink.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1319

They are using STUN, I'll nab a PCAP soon. We also used the PBX Express Wizard.

Take a pcap and see if it gives you any useful information.

As your issue is random registration I can't think that it would be port forwarding related. Maybe a registration timer or timer on the firewall
, possibly check SIP ALF?

Have you run the firewall checker from 3CX.?

Hi Robert,

Wondering if you found a resolution to your issue. I might be having a somewhat similar issue at a remote location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.