• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

You have entered an invalid destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharinamolina

Reaction score
Hi,
First, I'm sorry if I don't have all the details of our 3CX like SIP, etc. - which is a part of the assistance that I need I think.
The previous IT person did not leave all the details of our 3CX. but I have the login to the 3CX interface. I don't know which SIP or logs I need to provide here.
I am still I the middle of fixing our infrastructure, but I really don't use 3CX before.
Can anybody help me what to do if we are getting "You have entered an invalid destination" - whenever we do outgoing calls?

Thank You and Regards,
KH :(

The 3CX logs should provide the information needed to diagnose the problem. Are you getting this message on a set, or are you seeing this in the logs?

Did this problem just begin? Is it only on some sets? Is it happening on all calls or just some? Outside? Inside?

What type of sets are you using?

How do your calls "get outside"? VoIP provider? PSTN Gateway?

Not to sound terse.. but RTFM: http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXPhoneSystemManual11.pdf‎

An IT guy worth his snuff should find most of the 3CX system config rather intuitive for most of the base config.
Design for provisioning templates, call routing/flow, and extension rules can vary greatly.
Bone up with the manual to get some familiarity with the system, perhaps even fire up a test/demo in the lab or cloud.

My gut is saying "dial plan" with your handset.
Such failures would mean the calls never reach the PBX.. and thus no call attempt was logged.
Else, check the email notification address in the config.. I usually get emailed when people in the office fat finger their dials (I don't run a strict dial plan.. we're all adults here..).

Either way, this community is capable of getting stuff sorted out. :)

Oh.. and leejor is usually on top of things.. best to answer his questions as asked. ;)

ian.watts said:
Not to sound terse.. but RTFM: http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXPhoneSystemManual11.pdf‎

This is probably the soundest advise I've seen posted here all month... many questions asked have answers straight out of the manual. Having said that, there are about 3 or 4 of you here who have the worlds patience, I take my hat off to you guys. Any way, let me not interfere :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.