Your largest install...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by RodSlinger, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RodSlinger

What is your largest install and was there anything learned in the process that had you known before would have made it easier?

Backstory..... I've setup 3CX for a few friends and family at their smaller businesses usually without drama and all have been happy with it. Most have between 5 and 20 employees. Yesterday I was chatting with a friend who I've helped with on other projects. Somewhere in our chat he started griping about some upcoming renewal and some changes needed to his Mitel system. He has about 350 employees and mentioned something like $90k for license renewals and a few handsets which I though was crazy expensive.

I made a comment about 3CX knowing that he would only be in about $15k for a license and server. Then add cost for handsets or use phone app for remote employees. Now he is really interested in more information. He already has dedicated LAN and IP for phone as well as trunk service. I'd have to check to see who the trunk provider is.

2. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Rod Slinger,

Thank you for contacting us, 3CX PBX can absolutely handle this amount of load. For further details and information i would advise you and it would be more proper, to come in contact with our sales department or the equivalent partner in your country as they are more qualified to answer your questions on the specific object. You can find all the contact information here.

Thank you

3. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

I have several installations between 500 and 1000 extensions. The largest license I've used is 128 SC.
    No issues with V14 and above, both Windows server and Debian. The servers used are 2-4 cores, Xeon E3/E5, 8/16GB RAM, 100+ GB HDD, both virtual and physical machines.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    YiannisH_3CX, Nick Galea and AH2 like this.
  4. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

@RodSlinger So larger installs aren't really any more complicated that smaller installs per se, but the impact of your mistakes are amplified :). If you are handling just the 3CX portion, following best practices, and your friend is handling all the LAN portion and you have quality dialtone you should be fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Nick Galea likes this.
  5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We have quite a number of 1024 sim call installs, which each have between 3000 and 10,000 extensions per server. So 3CX is built to handle this, no problem at all. Of course you will need to buy a pretty powerful server for those types of installs.

350 extensions is a piece of cake for 3CX.

12494 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.