Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Zendesk Client integration login issue

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by Dmitrypuffin, Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dmitrypuffin

Hello,

I am working on 3CX integration with Zendesk. We are using client-side integration, since it is more convenient for our agents to have tickets automatically updated after phone call.
    We have 2 Zendesk instances - Sandbox and Production.
    I have prepared integration according to tutorial on both instances:
    Code:
    https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/zendesk-crm-integration/ - document no longer exists
    Problem is following:
    When I am trying to log in in Production environment, I receive following error: production-error.PNG

When I am logging in Sandbox environment using add-in, it works:
    sandbox-success.PNG

Zendesk support told me that problem is related to 3CX add-in, not instance.
    OAuth authorization is configured correctly, account credentials are correct.

How to fix this login problem? Please help me.

#1 Dmitrypuffin, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2018
  2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dmitrypuffin

Hello,

Solution was simple.
    Our company is using SSO, but OAuth uses Zendesk's internal passwords. If users don't have such passwords, authorization will fail with 'invalid_grant' error.
    After creating internal Zendesk password (for example, by resetting password), and using it for login, I have logged in successfully.

Maybe it will help someone :)

Mike Cartwright likes this.
  4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thanks for sharing!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Mike Cartwright

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.