Zendesk Client Side integration won't connect

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by Jaspar, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Jaspar

I followed all instructions from https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/zendesk-crm-integration/, but as soon as i click on the "Authorise" button on the Windows softphone i receive an "unable to connect" error.
    3CX.png

In Zendesk i created the OAth token with the correct name and identifier and agents are able to login using username and password (also with the API).

With my previous 3CX test setup everything worked without problems, with the same settings.

The installed Zendesk CRM integration is "Zendesk.zip" verion 916, we are using 3CX Pro 15.5.

Am i doeing something wrong?

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Jaspar,

This is because Zendesk rejects HTTPS connections made over TLS 1.1, only accepting TLS 1.2. This is a recent change on their side. In order to make this work, you would need to make changes to the C# scripts provided by 3CX.

Please, also note that we have deprecated this client side integration, replacing it with our server side integration, so we encourage you to move to this new approach:
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/zendesk-crm-integration/

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jaspar

Hi Ernesto,

Thanks for your reply!
    I configured the server side integration, but would love to see that a ticket is created everytime a call is received.
    Also the phonenumber search on the server side integration is not working. When i give the number +31123456789 in the test field in the admin panel it searches with the following query:
    https://myzendeskurl.zendesk.com/api/v2/users/search.json?query=%456789
    Unbenannt.PNG

Where can i change this?

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

That's only available in the client side integration. We will add that feature to the server side template as soon as we can, but it's not available at the moment. You will need to edit the scripts if you want that feature.

That's something you can adjust from the 3CX Console > Contacts > Options:
    upload_2018-7-12_16-40-43.png

You can set it to "Match exactly" to query using the full number, or enter another value in "Match at least X number of characters" instead of 6 to send more digits...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Jaspar likes this.
  5. Jaspar

Both server-side and client side integrations work great now, thanks for your help!