• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Zendesk Client Side integration won't connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaspar

Customer
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
I followed all instructions from
Code:
https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/zendesk-crm-integration/ - document no longer exists
, but as soon as i click on the "Authorise" button on the Windows softphone i receive an "unable to connect" error.
3CX.png

In Zendesk i created the OAth token with the correct name and identifier and agents are able to login using username and password (also with the API).

With my previous 3CX test setup everything worked without problems, with the same settings.

The installed Zendesk CRM integration is "Zendesk.zip" verion 916, we are using 3CX Pro 15.5.

Am i doeing something wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello @Jaspar,

This is because Zendesk rejects HTTPS connections made over TLS 1.1, only accepting TLS 1.2. This is a recent change on their side. In order to make this work, you would need to make changes to the C# scripts provided by 3CX.

Please, also note that we have deprecated this client side integration, replacing it with our server side integration, so we encourage you to move to this new approach:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/zendesk-crm-integration/

Kind regards.

Hi Ernesto,

Thanks for your reply!
I configured the server side integration, but would love to see that a ticket is created everytime a call is received.
Also the phonenumber search on the server side integration is not working. When i give the number +31123456789 in the test field in the admin panel it searches with the following query:
https://myzendeskurl.zendesk.com/api/v2/users/search.json?query=%456789
Unbenannt.PNG

Where can i change this?

I configured the server side integration, but would love to see that a ticket is created everytime a call is received.
That's only available in the client side integration. We will add that feature to the server side template as soon as we can, but it's not available at the moment. You will need to edit the scripts if you want that feature.

Also the phonenumber search on the server side integration is not working. When i give the number +31123456789 in the test field in the admin panel it searches with the following query:
https://myzendeskurl.zendesk.com/api/v2/users/search.json?query=%456789
That's something you can adjust from the 3CX Console > Contacts > Options:
upload_2018-7-12_16-40-43.png

You can set it to "Match exactly" to query using the full number, or enter another value in "Match at least X number of characters" instead of 6 to send more digits...

Reactions: Jaspar
Both server-side and client side integrations work great now, thanks for your help!

Reactions: Mark Elayan
Dear @edossantos,

This is because Zendesk rejects HTTPS connections made over TLS 1.1, only accepting TLS 1.2. This is a recent change on their side. In order to make this work, you would need to make changes to the C# scripts provided by 3CX.

I have the same problem with @Jaspar, and I saw your guidance but I don't know how to do that. Could you please guide me in detail? I'm not a technical guy.

Thanks and best regards.

You have a PM :)

Hello @edossantos

I am having the same issue as above, but none of the previous fixes listed here have helped. I've been using the Server Side Integration with 3CX V15.5, client side ZIP version 916.

The only time I'm able to get the Test from the CRM Integration screen to work is when I enter my own number.

Hello @Josh Busby,

You should not use both client and server side integrations, only one. We have deprecated the client side integration with Zendesk, so it is strongly recommended that you use the server side approach.

In order to use the server side integration with Zendesk, you just need to follow this guide and make the configuration on the 3CX console only:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/zendesk-crm-integration/

This is what the integration will do:
- When an inbound call arrives, the contact will be taken from Zendesk and imported into 3CX Contacts.
- The contact name will be shown as the caller name, no matter the phone you use.
- If you use the 3CX Web Client, a link to open the contact record will also be shown.

You should test your configuration using the Test button you have in the 3CX Console > Settings > CRM Integration > Server side tab > Zendesk. If it doesn't work, you need to check the Logs tab to see what's the problem.

Kind regards.

When I do the test, it's telling me my credential's are not correct. However, I know my email, password and domain part have been entered correctly.

When I do the test, it's telling me my credential's are not correct. However, I know my email, password and domain part have been entered correctly.
Did you enable the option "Enable API authentication using an agent's email address and password" in Zendesk as described in the configuration guide?

Do you have 2 factor authentication enabled? In that case you will need to create an application password.

Checked and can confirm, 2 factor authentication is not turned on.

Try changing your password, and just in case ensure that you don't use non ASCII characters. Then reconfigure the integration using the new credentials.

Changed password, then re-logged in to confirm it works. Still getting the same error.

; Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings

; Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings
Where do you see that error? That doesn't seem to be from Zendesk, it's a credentials problem for an extension...

Please, go to the 3CX Console > Settings > CRM Integration > Server side tab > Zendesk, and press the Test button. Then send us the logs from the Logs tab, so we can check the interaction between 3CX and Zendesk.

upload_2018-8-17_9-10-25.png
Is this the log you're looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itguys04
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.