Hosting 3CX PBX Phone System in OVH
On this topic
You can easily host 3CX in the Cloud while using your own OVH account. This keeps you in full control of your PBX. Whilst creating your PBX Express instance on your OVH Account, you may experience issues due to cloud resources not being available at the given time. You're advised to wait and try again or check the OVH Status page http://travaux.ovh.net/ which shows the current OVH Server status.
Step 1 - Setting up your OVH Public Cloud Account (OpenStack)
- Go to https://www.ovh.ie/support/new_nic.xml and create your customer account.
- After registration you will receive an email which will include all your account information including your Customer ID example “bn112346-ovh”
- Go to https://www.ovh.com/manager/ and login.
- Click “Cloud” at the top and enter a project name. To proceed you must have a registered payment method configured. Already configured payment method can be use or you must create it now. In case you create a new payment method a credit card or PayPal is required and pre-validation by OVH for your account is needed. Contact OVH email@example.com for any assistance.
Select payment method to create your public cloud infrastructure.
- You should receive a confirmation email telling you that your OVH API Openstack Public cloud has been created and ready.
- Login to OVH Manager link https://www.ovh.com/manager/cloud and below the “Server” Section you should see “My OVH Cloud”.
- Click on “Openstack” > “Add User” and enter a username.
- An ID and Password will be generated for this Username. The password will be displayed only ONCE so make sure you record it. The ID and Password will be required to create instances from the PBX Express.
Step 2 - Creating an SSH Key Pair
An SSH key pair is required to be able to create accessible instances. Without a key pair, the machine is not accessible.
- Login to the OVH Openstack Management console (Horizon) https://horizon.cloud.ovh.net/ using the ID and Password generated earlier in step 7.
- Go to Access & Security > Key Pair tab and click on Create Key Pair and enter a name for this key (the Key name will be visible later on in the PBX Express wizard). A PEM file is downloaded. Store this file because it is required to connect to the machine using SSH.
- Visit Connect to your OVH Instance using Putty for more details.
- Create a key pair for each available geographical region where in you plan to create VMs in.
- SBG1 - East Europe
- GRA1 - West Europe
- BHS1 - US
Do this for each region you have available.
Step 3 - PBXExpress
In the select Cloud Provider screen (Step 7) Select “My Own account” > “OVH”.
In the User name field insert the Openstack User ID and password.
Select a region in which the VM shall be created and the machine type. Type vps-ssd-1 are currently priced at $3.49 per month, billed monthly after creation. VMs can only be created in regions which show a key pair.
Note that the VMs will be billed directly to your own account and you agree to proceed!