Hosting 3CX PBX Phone System in OVH
On this topic
You can easily host 3CX in the Cloud while using your own OVH account. This keeps you in full control of your PBX. Whilst creating your PBX Express instance on your OVH Account, you may experience issues due to cloud resources not being available at the given time. You're advised to wait and try again or check the OVH Status page http://travaux.ovh.net/ which shows the current OVH Server status.
Step 1 - Setting up your OVH Public Cloud Account (OpenStack)
- Go to https://www.ovh.ie/support/new_nic.xml and create your customer account.
- After registration you will receive an email which will include all your account information including your Customer ID example “bn112346-ovh”
- Go to https://www.ovh.com/manager/ and login.
- Click “Cloud” at the top and enter a project name. To proceed you must have a registered payment method configured. Already configured payment method can be use or you must create it now. In case you create a new payment method a credit card or PayPal is required and pre-validation of your account by OVH is needed. Contact OVH email@example.com for any assistance.
Select payment method to create your public cloud infrastructure.
- You should receive a confirmation email telling you that your OVH API Openstack Public cloud has been created and ready.
- Login to the OVH Manager https://www.ovh.com/manager/cloud and below the “Server” Section you should see “My OVH Cloud”.
- Click on “Openstack” > “Add User” and enter a username.
- An ID and Password will be generated for this Username. “The password will be displayed only ONCE so make sure you record it”. The ID and Password will be required to create instances from within the PBX Express.
Step 2 - Creating an SSH Key Pair
An SSH key pair is required to be able to create accessible instances.
- Login to the OVH Openstack Management console (Horizon) https://horizon.cloud.ovh.net/ using the ID and Password generated in the previous step.
- Select the data center where you intend to create instances.
- Go to “Compute” > “Key Pairs” tab and click on “Create Key Pair”. Enter a name for this key (this Key will be visible later in the PBX Express wizard). If you want to connect to the machine using SSH, press “Copy Private Key to Clipboard” and store this in a text file.
- A key pair must be created for each geographical region / OVH data center where you plan on creating instances. We just created a key pair for machines inside WAW1 data center. If you want to create machines in another data center like “GRA1” - West Europe, repeat the above steps to create key pairs in that region.
Step 3 - PBX Express
- In the select Cloud Provider screen of the PBX Express (Step 5) Select “OVH” followed by your User name and password created in Step 1, Point 8.
- Select the project under which the new instance will be created, followed by the region closest to you. The key pair you created in Step 2 point 3 will be automatically displayed. Finally select the machine type according to the specs you wish. Instances of type vps-ssd-1 are currently priced at $3.35 per month, billed monthly after creation.