Configuring Sennheiser Headsets
On this topic
The following documentation will guide you through the steps required to configure your Sennheiser headset with the 3CX Client for Windows. Sennheiser headset is plug and play with Microsoft Office Connector. You can start, end, answer, redial or even reject a call, manage the volume and mute the microphone. Download the Sennheiser 3CX Plugin to seamlessly work your Sennheiser office headset with the 3CX Client for Windows!
Download the Sennheiser 3CX Plugin
- Download the 3CX Plugin from here.
- Close the 3CX Client before running the setup.
- Install the Sennheiser 3CX Plugin and press Exit.
- Restart your PC for the configuration changes to take effect.
Once the installation is complete the Sennheiser headset will be set as the Default Audio device for the 3CX Client for Windows. Depending on your model the answer and end calls functionality as well as volume functions, can be exercised via the headset or speakerphone.
Manually Configure the 3CX Client for Windows to use Sennheiser
- Launch the 3CX Client.
- If you are running in CTI Mode, change it to SIP Mode.
- Click on “Settings” > “Audio options” and select the new Sennheiser Device for Microphone and speaker devices. Ringing can be set to any desired device.
Update Sennheiser Firmware
Your headset and speakerphone must be always updated with the latest software. Make sure that you are using the latest available by using the Sennheiser updater:
- Download the Sennheiser Updater from here. You have the option to download the End User or IT admin/Deployment version. For the purposes of this paper we are going to download the End User version.
- Install setup and press launch. This will check if you require a firmware update. If your device needs update select the desired option and click “Update”.
- Take a look at our list with the Supported and Legacy IP phones here.
- A list of the Supported PSTN Gatewayas and ATA’s can be found here.
- Visit our Support page for additional help and documentation.