Connect to Your OVH Instance Using Putty
On this topic:
In the previous document Creating an OVH account, we created an SSH key pair and a PEM file was downloaded. This is needed so you can connect to the instance using SSH without entering credentials. You will need 2 applications to do this. Puttygen and Putty.
- Download “puttygen.exe” to your Windows host.
- Launch putty and press “Load”. Set browse filter to “All Files (.*)” and select the key pair file you downloaded earlier from the OVH Openstack Horizon portal (example xyz.pem)
- Once the pem file is successfully loaded click on Save private key and save it as ppk file on your host.
- Now open “putty.exe” - Connection - SSH - Auth and Browse… to the just created file.
- Once loaded switch back to Session enter the public IP of the created VPS and connect.
- When prompted for a username, enter debian. This is the standard username for OVH Instances.