On this topic
3CX provides out of the box integration with ConnectWise CRM. This plugin opens the contact/company record in ConnectWise, creates a new contact if the inbound caller is not found, and creates a note bound to the company or contact when the call ends.
Launching outbound calls from the ConnectWise interface is already available using the 3CX click2call plugin.
- 3CX v15 PRO or Enterprise edition
- A ConnectWise account (Cloud account)
- Deploying ConnectWise plugin via 3CX Management Console
- Configure 3CX Client for Windows
Step 1: ConnectWise Portal Configuration
- Login to ConnectWise https://eu.myconnectwise.net/ (URL depends on your location example https://au.myconnectwise.net, https://na.myconnectwise.net)
- Click on your username on the top right corner of the screen and select “My Account”
- Click on API Keys. (if not visible click the Settings button and enable API Keys to be displayed). Press the + sign.
- Enter a Description and press Save.
- Public and Private keys will be generated and Private key will only be shown one time. Make a note of them because they will be used at a later stage.
- You will also need to get a Developer Cookie. This is also referred to as “Cw-app-id”. Go to https://developer.connectwise.com/Manage/Cookies, login with your developer account. Press the button “Get API Cookie”. The Cookie Value will be displayed. Note this down because you will need it at a later stage.
Step 2: Deploying ConnectWise plugin via 3CX Management console
In order to deploy the ConnectWise integration to your users, please follow these steps:
- From the 3CX Management Console you need to download the plugin from the 3CX update server to your 3CX server. Go to “Settings” > “CRM Integration” > “Available CRM Integrations”. Select “ConnectWise” and press Download.
- To assign the ConnectWise plugin to an Extension, go to the Extensions page from the management console. Select the extension and click Edit, then navigate to the Integration tab. Enable Integration and select the ConnectWise.zip from the list.
- Repeat the previous step for each extension you need to be set with the ConnectWise integration.
- Go to the “Phones” page and reprovision the extensions you modified. 3CX Clients will restart and install the ConnectWise Plugin automatically.
Step 3: Configure 3CX Client for Windows
Click on Settings > Advanced Settings > Integration.
Select “ConnectWise”. The configuration dialog will be displayed
Configure each client as follows:
URL: Enter the URL you used to connect - example https://eu.myconnectwise.net
“Account”: This is the ConnectWise username used to login (Per user)
“Password”: This is the ConnectWise password (Per user)
“Company”: This is the ConnectWise Company name. (Global setting)
“Cw-app-id”: Enter the cookie value you got from Step 1 (6) above. (Global setting)
“Public key”: Public key generated earlier from Step 1 (5) above. (Global setting)
“Private key”: Private key generated earlier from Step 1 (5) above. (Global setting)
“Contact lookup”: Select from which folder to look for contact information on incoming calls and configure the order lookup priority in case you have multiple folders.
Restart the 3CX Client. On the next incoming call, you will see the ConnectWise Contact page pop up.