Hosting 3CX PBX Phone System in Microsoft Azure
You can easily host 3CX in your own Microsoft Azure Cloud account. If you use Microsoft Azure already it allows you to manage all your servers from one Microsoft Azure account and leverage your Azure knowledge to stay in full control of your 3CX install.
Step 1: Getting the Subscription ID of your Azure account
To host 3CX on Azure you need an Account on Azure together with a subscription. You can create one here: https://azure.microsoft.com. Once you have an active Azure account, you need to identify the subscription ID associated with it. To get this:
- Use the search bar within the Azure portal and look for “Cost Management + Billing”.
- The Subscription ID can be in one of two sections
- “My subscriptions” (If it is your user account)
- “Other subscriptions” (If you are an authorized user to manage a company azure account)
- Take note of your Subscription ID as this is required by PBX Express in order to locate your project.
Step 2: Taking the PBX Express - Creating your PBX
Now you can proceed to take the PBX Express and setup your PBX. For more information see here. In the step “Select Cloud Provider” step:
- Select “Microsoft Azure” as your hosting Provider.
- Insert the subscription ID and press “Check”.
- If the Subscription ID is found and is able to allocate new resources, a Tenant ID will be returned. Click Next.
- Login to Azure and accept that PBX Express can create the Instance in your account.
- Select your location and instance size. The instance will be created in the Resource Group: pbxexpress.
- SSH Information - During the creation of the instance the ssh password for the user pbxexpress will be set to the same password as the login to the 3CX management console. Change the SSH login password after the PBX has been created and use pbxexpress as user to login.