Hosting 3CX PBX Phone System in Microsoft Azure
On this topic
Easily host and manage 3CX in your own Microsoft Azure, managing all your servers from one account and leveraging your Microsoft Azure knowledge to stay in full control of your 3CX install. This guide explains how to get a free Azure account with $200 credit and use it to setup a VM with a 3CX hosted PBX using PBX Express. Note that although Microsoft Azure is easy to setup and you get free credit, it’s expensive to maintain.
Step 1 - Obtain an Azure Account
If you don’t already have an Azure account:
- Login to your Microsoft Account.
- Go to azure.microsoft.com and follow the free offer link.
- Sign up, verify by phone and specify a credit card for identification purposes.
- After this, you are taken to the Azure Portal Dashboard.
Step 2 - Get the Subscription ID of your Azure account
- Go to the “Cost Management + Billing” section.
- The Subscription ID can be in one of these two sections:
- “My subscriptions” - if it is your user account.
- “Other subscriptions” - if you are an authorized user managing a company Azure account.
- Note your Subscription ID, as this is required by the PBX Express to locate your project.
Step 3 - Take the PBX Express
Now it’s time to take the PBX Express and have a fully working PBX in just 5 simple steps:
- Fill in the trial / free license key form here and confirm your email to receive the link to the PBX Express. Click on the link to take the PBX Express to setup and configure your hosted 3CX PBX in your Azure cloud account.
- Authenticate with your Azure account in the same browser window.
- In step 5 of the PBX Express, select Azure as your Cloud Provider.
- Click “Accept” to allow access to the 3CX PBX Express to setup the machine.
- Select your preferred location to finish the PBX Express and setup your hosted 3CX PBX in your Microsoft Azure Account!
- After the PBX Express is finished, you can go to Virtual Machines and verify your 3CX PBX machine.
- SSH Information - during the creation of the instance, the SSH password for the user <code>pbxexpress</code> is set to the same password as the 3CX management console login. After the PBX is created, you can change this SSH password and login with the <code>pbxexpress</code> user.