Installing 3CX Hotel Module
Prior to deploying the 3CX Hotel Module, you must install 3CX Phone System and configure it as per the documentation. Keep the following points in mind:
- Have the extension numbers match your hotel room numbers. This makes it intuitive for guests to dial other room numbers, as well as for hotel staff to identify room phones. 3CX Phone System can be deployed with 2,3,4 or 5 digit length extensions so it should be possible to match any hotel room number.
- If you are replacing an old phone system and want to keep certain numbers such as room service or reception, keep this in mind when assigning extension numbers.
- It might be advisable to block access to the 3CXPhone. In this case, disable access to the 3CXPhone from the 3CX Management Console > “Extensions” > “Edit Extension” > “3CXPhone” > Check “Disallow use of 3CXPhone”.
The 3CX Hotel module requires 3CX Phone System v14.
Installing the Software
To install the 3CX Hotel module:
- Download the latest 3CX Hotel Module from: http://downloads.3cx.com/downloads/3CXHotelmodule14.exe
- Run the 3CX Hotel Module setup on the 3CX Phone System computer. The 3CX Hotel Module must be installed on the same machine as 3CX Phone System.
- Follow the setup Wizard.
- You will be prompted to enter a username and password for the 3CX Hotel Management Console. This console will be used by the receptionists of the hotel. It’s a shared login, and does not provide administrative access to the system.
- Click “Finish” to complete installation.
- The 3CX Hotel Management Console will automatically launch. Login with the credentials specified during the setup.
- You will see a notification dialog to activate the license and configure a Wake-Up Digital Receptionist.
Note: If you installed the 3CX Hotel Module on an existing 3CX Phone System installation, you need to “Check-OUT” and “Check-IN” the existing extensions in order to reset any cost counters, voicemails and settings associated with the extensions. All Call Details will be removed for those extensions.
Activating the 3CX Hotel Module
To activate your license.
- Launch the 3CX Hotel Management Console from the start menu program group that has been created.
- Activate your license by going to “File” > “Activate License”.
- Enter your License Key, and Customer details. This information will be sent to our license key server and your license key and installation will be activated.
- Depending on your license key, the product will activate with or without PMS integration. 3CXH stands for the hotel module without PMS integration and 3CXHPMS indicates that the license has PMS integration.