Managing 3CX Phone System Recordings
On this topic
3CX Phone System V15.5 has some great and useful features, like the ability to manage your company’s recorded conversations and voicemail messages centrally, directly from the 3CX Management Console. You can download and delete call recordings and set up retention policies for both call recordings and voicemail messages to be deleted after a certain amount of days in order to conserve your much needed disk space.
The recordings can only be saved to a local disk. When defining a recording location, do not save recordings to the disk root. Create a directory on the disk, and save the recordings to this location.
To change the recording location:
- Go to the “Recordings” node
- Click “Location”.
- Enter, or browse to the desired recording location, ensuring NOT to use a disk root location.
- Click “OK”.
Note: Setting the recording path in Linux requires the specified directory to be owned by the
To manage call recordings simply go to the “Recordings” node. From here you can choose which recordings you would like to either “Download” or “Delete”.
Set Retention Policies for your Call Recordings
- Go to the “Recordings” node.
- Click “Quota”
- Enter the desired “Quota for Recording (GB)”
- In the “Auto Cleaning options” section, enable the option to “Automatically delete all recordings older than:” and choose the number of days to retain the recordings.
- When the recording quota has been reached, the PBX will stop recording. An email will be sent to the administrator, if the value of the “Email Notification” threshold has been exceeded.
- Recordings will no longer be written to the server disk, when “Disk Protect Mode” is triggered, where the available free disk space falls below 500MB.
3CX Phone System has some more great features that you can read about, like the ability to Customize Email Templates for all the notification emails that 3CX sends out.
You can read all about these and other enhancements, learn how to upgrade your current system in a few easy steps and find all the information you need to install, manage and run 3CX Phone System from our Online Administration Manuals and User Guides.