Moving 3CX Phone System to a New Machine
If you need to move 3CX Phone System to a new machine the procedure is as follows:
Step 1: Backup the Existing Installation
- Run the “3CX Backup and Restore Tool”
- Select “Backup 3CX Phone System”.
- Choose which components you would like to backup. For a full backup select all checkboxes.
- Select the path and filename to save the backup to (choose a location that is accessible by the new machine).
- Click “Next” to backup.
Step 2: Deactivate your License
- In the 3CX Management Console, select “Settings” > “Activate License” .
- Click on “Free Version” to deactivate your license on this machine.
- You can now switch this machine off.
Step 3: Preparing and Installing
- Prepare the new host for 3CX as outlined in the “Preparing the Windows host machine for installation” section of the "Installing 3CX Phone System" guide.
- Install 3CX Phone System on the new machine in exactly the same way as described in the “Download and Install 3CX Phone System” section.
- Configure your new installation as described in the “3CX Phone System Configuration Wizard” section.
- When the wizard gives you the option to restore settings from a backup, (Backup created from your previous installation of 3CX), locate your backup and restore.
Once this has completed, you can log on to the new 3CX Management Console and re-activate your license as described in the “Activating 3CX Phone System” section.
Note: Configure your firewall to point all the ports, opened for the old system, to now point to the new systems’ internal IP Address.
Your new installation of 3CX Phone System, complete with all your settings, is now ready for use.