OpenCNAM Server Side Integration
On this topic:
3CX provides integration with OpenCNAM. With this integration, when a call comes in, you will see the caller’s name. In this guide we will take you through the steps required to setup your opencnam account with 3CX - server side.
3CX CRM Server Side Configuration
- Create an account with OpenCNAM https://www.opencnam.com/register
We recommend selecting “Value” or “Plus” service levels, as they both return name values for E164 formatted phone numbers in over 180 countries.
- Login to OpenCNAM https://www.opencnam.com/login
- Take a note of the Account SID and Authentication token. Or, if you prefer using IP address authentication you can ignore this.
- Login to the 3CX management console > Settings > CRM Integration > Server Side tab.
- Download the Opencnam provider template from the “Available CRM Integrations” section.
- Select the opencnam integration from the dropdown list.
- Copy the Account SID and Auth Token in the respective fields. Or, you can leave these 2 fields empty if you prefer using IP address authentication.
- Optionally, if you want the requests to be tagged, you can set the Passthrough Data to the value you need. This value will be shown in OpenCNAM detailed reports, and will let you identify the requests coming from 3CX.
- Other Advanced Service Options, such as Letter Casing, Mobile Results, and Geolocation Preference should be managed through your OpenCNAM control panel.
- When you receive a call via the web client, a contact query will be made to OpenCNAM and the resolved name will be displayed in the web client’s toaster.