Creating a Google Cloud Account
Whilst creating your PBX Express instance on Google Cloud, you may experience issues due to cloud resources not being available at the given time. You're advised to wait and try again.
Step 1 - Getting your Free trial account
- From a browser, visit https://cloud.google.com and click the “Try it free” button.
- Select your country and then the “agree” option and then click “Agree and Continue”.
- Complete your personal or business information.
- Enter your credit/debit card information and click on “Start my free trial”. Google will now create a project automatically for you. Wait momentarily.
- Click the top left icon to bring out the menu and select the “Compute Engine” service.
Step 2 - Creating your SSH Key pairs
In order to connect to your instances with SSH, you will have to create a key pair that you will use to attach to your instance. Depending on the operating system on your computer, refer to Google’s documentation on creating and adding SSH keys to your instance.
Step 3 - Using your Google Cloud credentials with 3CX PBX Express.
- Within the PBX Express interface, select “My own account” > “Google” and press Next.
- You will see a Google OAuth dialog asking you for your google account credentials. Enter them here. You will be prompted to Allow access.
- You will see the project name, Select your preferred region and Machine type. Press Next and your instance with 3CX Installed on Google Cloud will be created.
Note: When selecting an mail account or server you can either choose a Google Mail account. If you choose another mail provider, make sure that it does not operate on the following standard SMTP ports (25, 465, 587) because these are blocked by Google Cloud.