Backup and Restore of Virtual PBX instances
On this topic
The 3CX Phone System Virtual PBX Server installation allows you to backup and restore all instances at once or individual instances one at a time using the backup and restore tool.
Backing Up Virtual PBX Instances
To backup your Virtual PBX:
- Log on to the server that you installed your 3CX Phone System Virtual Instance PBX Server and from the desktop, click on “3CX Virtual PBX Backup Tool”.
- Click the “Browse” button to choose the folder where you would like the backup to be saved.
- Click the “Backup” button to run the backup.
- The backup process will start for each instance. Backups are standard in .zip file format. Each backup will have the instance's name as a file name making it easy to distinguish. Exit when the backup is complete.
To take backups, the services will not need to be stopped. However, we recommend doing it at off peak hours.
Restoring Virtual PBX Instances
Note: The services for the instance you are restoring will be stopped. It is recommended that the restore is done outside of office hours. If you only chose to restore a single instance the other instances will not be affected. If you restore all the instances then all their services will also be stopped.
TIP: If you have backups from a previous version or another installation you can put them into your chosen backup folder. 3CX will recognize them and you will be able to use them for restoration. To restore your Virtual PBX:
- Launch the “3CX Cloud Backup and Restore Tool” from your desktop and select the instance you want to restore.
- Using the browse button, select the folder that contains all the backups inside. You can create a new folder and put 3CX backups in that folder.
- Select the Instance that you want to restore, from the left. Press “Restore” to start the restore procedure.
- The progress will be displayed. Restoring may take some time to complete depending on how many instances you have chosen to restore and the size of each Installation.