Manually Configuring a Multicast Paging Ring Group to work with Yealink IP Phones
On this topic
Be aware that different firmware versions may have different web interface formats and functionality. To receive the latest supported firmware, please visit our Technical Support website
From 3CX Phone System
Paging groups can be used to facilitate multicast paging. Note that 3CX Phone System facilitates multicast paging within the Multicast address range defined by IANA and port which is not already in use by 3CX Phone System.
To create a paging ring group:
- From the 3CX Management Console menu, go to the “Ring groups” node.
- Click “Add Paging”
- Enter the ring group options:
- Name –Enter a name for the paging group.
- Virtual Extension Number – This number identifies the ring group from other extensions. Keep the automatically generated extension number, or specify a new one as needed.
- Ring strategy – Select “Paging Multicast”.
- From the “Multicast options for Paging” section:
- IP Address of multicast channel – Add a multicast address (For example: 184.108.40.206). Keep record this IP address as you will need it later on.
- Port of multicast channel – Enter the port for the multicast channel (For example: 50001). Keep record this port as you will need it later on.
- Codec – Select a codec for the multicast transmission. This codec should be supported by the phones receiving the multicast.
- Packet time in milliseconds – Leave default or specify as needed.
- Click “OK”.
From Yealink Phone Interface (T19P/E2, T2x, T4x, T5x)
- Login to the Phones Interface.
- Go to the “Phones” node of 3CX Management Console.
- Select the phone to configure, and click “Phone UI” (Only for T4x and T5x models)
- Go to the “Directory” tab.
- Select “Multicast IP” from the left hand menu.
- Listening Address: Enter the IP address configured in the Paging Group along with port as follows: <Multicast Address>:<Port>
- Label: Enter the name of the ring group to which the IP address is configured.
- Click “Confirm”
Note: The Yealink interface allows you to configure up to 10 multicast addresses, thus the Yealink IP Phones can be set to listen to a maximum of 10 multicast streams.
Alternative Login Method
You can also login to the Yealink IP Phone web interface by browsing directly to the IP Address of the IP Phone.
- Find the IP Address of the IP Phone
- On the Yealink IP Phone, press the “OK” button once.
- You will be able to see the IP Address assigned to the phone on the screen.
- In the Phones page of the 3CX Management Console, find the phone you want to configure. The IP Address will be indicated.
- Open a web browser, and browse to the IP Address indicated in the phone.
- The username is “admin”
- The password can be found in the “Phones” page of the 3CX Management Console
- Open a browser
- Browse to the IP Address of the phone, and login using the username “admin”, and the password defined in the Management Console.
- Follow the same instructions as per the above procedure, to configure Multicast paging.