What SIP-based IP PBXs are Available?
An IP PBX or VoIP phone system replaces traditional PBX or phone systems, giving employees an extension number, the ability to conference, transfer and dial other colleagues. All calls are sent via data packets over a data network instead of the traditional phone network. With the use of a VoIP gateway, you can connect existing phone lines to the IP PBX and make and receive phone calls via a regular PSTN line. The IP PBX FAQ helps answer common questions about VoIP, SIP, IP PBX / VoIP phone system hardware and software, implementation and more.
This list shows some of the currently available SIP-based IP PBXs in the telco sector:
- 3CX Phone System – a cross-platform IP PBX that runs on Windows and Linux. To learn more, watch the video Why Choose 3CX Phone System. 3CX offers benefits over other vendors, such as:
- easily deployed both in-house and in-cloud;
- automation for in-cloud deployment to top-tier hosting platforms such as Google, Azure and Amazon;
- best-of-breed phone provisioning automation;
- robust feature-set, including:
- user-based and group-based rights management,
- and security and anti-hacking.
- Asterisk®* – a Linux-based IP PBX
- sipX – a Linux-based IP PBX
- Elastix – a Windows and Linux-based PBX available On-premise or in the cloud.
- and others.
A number of open source alternatives are available, but these all suffer from:
- hard-to-use interfaces,
- poor or non-existent provisioning tools,
- limited or non-existent commercial support,
- feature sets NOT driven by market needs, but by the wants of the individuals that contribute the code.
For a more extensive list of IP PBX software, please visit the software directory at Windows Networking.
* Asterisk® is a Registered Trademark of Sangoma Technologies. This trademark is not affiliated with 3CX, its products, or its websites. Sangoma Technologies is not the source of, and does not sponsor or endorse, the products/services promoted here. 3CX is not associated with or sponsored by Sangoma Technologies. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.