Important: Ensure that you have created the extension that you wish to use with 3CXPhone 6 in 3CX Phone System first. Take note of your extension number, and also your Authentication ID and Authentication Password.
Installing 3CXPhone 6
Download the latest version of the 3CXPhone 6 here. View the online manual here. Install 3CXPhone 6 by double-clicking on 3CXPhone6.msi when it has completed downloading. For more information on how to install 3CX Phone click here.
Configuring 3CXPhone 6 for Windows via Autoprovisioning
If you use 3CX Phone System you can use the Plug and play provisioning feature to provision the 3CX Phone automatically with all the settings needed.
- Double click on the 3CXPhone icon located on the desktop. If this is the first time you start 3CXPhone, a message will appear asking you whether you want to use provisioning or manual configuration. Click “Auto Provision” button. Please wait until the administrator approves your request.
- Now you need to approve the 3CXPhone registration and assign an extension. To do this:
- In 3CX Management Console, go the “Phones node”. You will see the 3CXPhone entry in bold at the top of the list.
Right click on the 3CXPhone entry and select from 2 available options:
- “Add Extension” – this will create a new extension.
- “Assign to existing extension” – this will assign an existing extension.
- Now Assign or Create an extension and click ‘OK’. 3CX Phone System will send a provisioning link to 3CXPhone. The phone will re-provision and apply the configuration. The phone will be ready for use after that.
Provisioning 3CXPhone 6 for Windows via Email
Another option is to configure the 3CX Phone using the provisioning HTTP link that is sent in the 3CX Welcome email.
- Contact the administrator and ask to re-send to your mail box a “3CX Welcome email”. In the welcome email you should find a unique provisioning link that contains all the information you need to connect to the 3CX Phone System.
- Click on Accounts, click on New Account to create a new account.
- Copy and paste this link in the provisioning section of the 3CX Phone. Press OK. When the phone starts, all your settings will be automatically filled in. You can then decide whether you want to connect locally or remotely to the 3CX Phone System.
- Alternatively you can manually configure the 3CXPhone.
SIP Phone Configuration Guides (Preferred)
- 3CXPhone for Android (Provisioned)
- 3CXPhone for iPhone
- CISCO SPA 501G, 502G, 504G, 508G, 509G, 525G (Manual configuration)
- CISCO SPA 501G, 502G, 504G, 508G, 509G, 525G (Provisioned)
- How to auto-provision IP phones with DHCP ‘option 66’
SIP Phone Configuration Guides (Supported)
Linksys 3102 ATA and Fax – T38 Fax Pass-through
- Linksys SPA 901, 921, 941, 922, 942, 962 (Manual configuration)
- Linksys SPA 901, 921, 941, 922, 942, 962(Provisioned)
- Polycom KIRK Wireless Server 300
- Polycom SoundPoint IP 320, 321, 330, 331, 430, 450, 550, 560, 650, 670 (Manual configuration)
- Polycom SoundPoint IP 320, 321, 330, 331, 335, 450, 550, 560, 650, 670(Provisioned)
- Polycom SoundStation IP6000
- Yealink T20, T22, T26, T28 (Manual configuration)
- Yealink T20, T22, T26, T28 (Provisioned)