Entering the Provisioning URL via the Grandstream Web Interface
On this topic
Supported Grandstream Models: GXP16XX, GXP17XX and GXP21XX series
For a complete step by step guide on how to provision the Grandstream phones for use with 3CX see the general configuration guides here. Ideally you will have the Grandstream phones pick up the HTTP(s) server information using the PnP or RPS provisioning method. If this is not possible based on this guide, you can enter the provisioning information manually in the phone’s web UI using the procedure outlined below:
Configuring the provisioning server via the Grandstream web interface
Step 1: Configure the phone in 3CX
- Obtain the phone’s MAC address.
- From the Management Console go to the “Phones” node and press “+ Add Phone”.
- From the dropdown list select the extension to which this phone shall be assigned.
- In the next dialog select the Vendor/Model of the phone and enter the device’s MAC address.
- Optional settings include the phone’s “Display Language”, “Time Zone” and, if applicable, the network card interface in case the server has more than one IP address to which the phone shall be configured.
- Copy the “Provisioning Link” shown above for future use and press “OK”.
Step 2: Enter the Information into the device’s Web Interface
- Point your web browser to your phone’s IP address.
- Navigate to “MAINTENANCE >> Upgrade and Provisioning”.
- Confirm that “Always Check for New Firmware” is selected.
- In the “Config” section, select “Config Upgrade via”, based on your provisioning method. Choose “HTTP” for local provisioning and “HTTPS” when provisioning via SBC or in Stun.
- In the “Config Server Path” enter your “Provisioning Link” URL retrieved from Step 1.
- Press “Save and Apply” and reboot to provision your Grandstream phone.