Configuring the snom M3 SIP DECT Phone for 3CX Phone System
This snom M3 phone is not recommended
Please note that this guide has been tested with firmware version 02.02 HE:1. Different firmware revisions may have different web interface formats and functionality.
- Ensure that you have created the extension that you wish to use with the phone in 3CX Phone System first. Take note of the ID field and the password that you have entered for the extension.
- Connect the Snom M3 phone to the network and mains power supply. The phone will boot up, and providing you have DHCP installed on your network, will obtain an IP and display it at the bottom of the phone’s LCD screen.
- Now point your browser to the web interface of the phone: ‘http://<phone-ip-address>’where is the IP address shown on the phone.
Enter the password of the phone and click login to access the phone’s configuration. For this particular phone, the default password to reach administrator mode is “admin” and the default pin is “0000”
- Click on Identity 1′ on the left pane under Setup category so you can configure the phone. (Refer to Figure 1)
- First make sure that ‘Identity active’ under Identity 1 is set to On.
- In the “Display Name” field enter the name you want to be displayed on the Phone display.
- Now proceed by entering in the “Account” field which is the extension you want to associate with this phone. This should match the “Extension number” field in the User Information section of the ‘Add Extension’ page in the 3CX Management Console
- Enter a password for the account in the “Password” field. This should match the “Password” field in the Authentication section of the ‘Add Extension’ page in the 3CX Management Console
- In the Registrar field, enter the IP or FQDN of the 3CX Phone System server. If entering an FQDN, review this FAQ.
- Repeat the same setting for the Outbound Proxy option
- In the “Authentication Username” field enter the authentication ID. This should match the “ID” field in the Authentication section of the ‘Add Extension’ page in the 3CX Management Console
- Now press “save” to save all changes which is on the bottom of your configuration screen. Your phone will register with the 3CX phone system. You can verify that on the Phone SystemLine Status page of the 3CX management console.
- If you want to configure additional lines, please repeat steps 5 to 13 providing that you have additional extensions created on the 3CX server.