How to configure CP Series for 3CX
This guide applies to v15 only.
On this topic
Supported Models: Yealink CP series
- Yealink CP860 - min. firmware version 22.214.171.124
Step 1: Upgrade to Minimum required firmware
Check that the phone is running the minimum required firmware described above. Read how to check what firmware the phones are running and how to upgrade them in this guide: How to manual upgrade Yealink IP phones.
Step 2: Factory Reset the IP Phone
Before provisioning the IP phone, the phone must be brought back to factory defaults in case the device has residual settings of a previous configuration. To reset the device read our How to Factory Reset Yealink phones document.
Step 3: Provision the phone
There are several methods to provision a phone:
- Plug & Play - For phones on the local LAN or behind the 3CX SBC.
For more information, see “When can I use which provisioning method?”
Local LAN: Provision via Plug’n’Play
- Connect the phone to the network. A PnP request will be sent automatically to 3CX.
- Go to the 3CX Management Console ⇒ “Phones” page. The new phone will be marked in Bold.
- Click on the BOLD entry and choose between “Assign Ext” or “Add Ext”, depending on whether you want to assign the phone to an existing extension or create a new one.
- All major provisioning settings are pre-populated. If your PBX has multiple network cards, select to which network this IP phone is connected.
- Click “OK”. The phone will configure automatically and will reboot to finalize the setup.
- Usage only within local Lan (no SBC, no RPS/STUN)
- No Auto Web Login