Configuring Hot Keys & BLFs in 3CX App for Windows
On this topic
Managing Hot Keys
With the “Hot Keys” feature you can manage calls using your keyboard. For example, you can answer an incoming call just by pressing the Shift + A combination on your keyboard, without opening the app. To enable Hot Keys:
Important: Do not use key combinations for Hot Keys that are already used by the Windows OS, as you will not be able to use them both at the same time.
For example, to make a call using the “Copy number from clipboard” Hot Key assigned to the “F11” key combination:
- Open a web page, text document or any file and highlight a number that you want to dial.
- Press “F11” and the number is copied automatically on your app’s dial-pad screen.
- Click the “Call” button to dial the number.
BLF (Busy Lamp Field) Panel
The 3CX App for Windows also includes an integrated BLF panel. It works just like the BLF panel on your IP Phone where a small light indicates whether an extension is available or busy. To enable the BLF panel, click the “Quick Menu” on the top right of the app and select “Show BLF side panel”.
You can initiate a call just by clicking the BLF icon for your desired contact. Transferring calls from the BLF panel is as easy as making calls. You can transfer a call before or after you have answered, by clicking the BLF icon for the desired contact.
Note: With the BLF panel you can only make blind transfers.
Configuring the BLF panel
You can configure the BLF panel through the 3CX App for Windows or your administrator can configure it for you through the 3CX Management Console. Match a BLF button with an extension to show the status of that extension. While the number of available BLF buttons varies per phone, the 3CX app has no such limit and you can have up to 36 BLF indicators per page.
You can also link BLF buttons to a shared parking place or a speed dial. This allows users to easily park or unpark calls by pressing the assigned BLF button. The following options are available for BLFs:
- BLF - shows the presence of another extension.
- Speed Dial - link to a contact for easy calling.
- Custom Speed Dial - assign to a custom phone number.
- Shared parking - link to a shared call parking number.
- Agent Login / Logout - assign to alternate between Login/Logout for queues.
- Change status - link to change to selected status.
You can configure the BLF panel with these steps: