On this topic
3CX Chat allows you to send text messages to other 3CX users. Users with the 3CX smartphone client will be alerted immediately to new chats.
To start a chat
- In the 3CX client, click or tap the “Chat” button/link. On Android and iOS, tap “More” and then select “Messages/ Chat.”
- Press/click “Compose Chat” or the plus icon.
- This will bring up your company’s extension list. Search or scroll to find the extension that you want to chat with and select it. Click “OK” or “Done” to launch the chat window. You can also select multiple contacts and create a group chat.
- Click on the entry field at the bottom of the chat window and start writing your message. Press “Enter” or “Send” send your message.
You can view and delete your chat history. To view the “Chat History” press the button on the Windows client. On Mac you must select the “Show history” option. To delete the chat history:
- Tap the “Chat” button to view your chat log.
- On the preferred chat right click (Windows and Mac), long press for Android, or tap “Edit” for iOS. Select “Delete.”
- A screen will appear asking you to confirm the deletion, press “OK.”
Additional chat settings
From the chat view select the “Chat Settings.”
- Chat sound: You can select from a drop down list your preferred sound for when receiving a chat. Available only for Windows and Mac.
- Chat window: By enabling this option, the chat window will automatically open when a chat is received. Available only for Windows and Mac.
- Block users: You can select a number of extensions that will not be able to contact you via chat.