Hosting a 3CX WebMeeting
On this topic
Nowadays more and more companies have employees working remotely from their home or even in other offices around the world. Travelling for meetings costs time and money which could be better spent elsewhere. With the 3CX clients for Windows and Mac you can hold online web meetings, collaborate with colleagues, or present to prospective clients. The meeting can take place in any open standards browser. 3CX WebMeeting uses WebRTC technology, so you and your participants don’t have to download and install any additional software or plugins. WebMeeting must be enabled by your administrator for your extension. There are two ways to start a 3CX WebMeeting.
Important: In order to host a 3CX WebMeeting with your iOS device you will have to download the 3CX WebMeeting application from the AppStore. This feature is not available for the 3CX client for Android.
Start a 3CX WebMeeting immediately
- Click on the “Start a 3CX WebMeeting Now” option which appears in your client’s dashboard. This automatically opens up your browser.
- If this is the first time you are using the web conferencing feature then you will receive the above message. Allow the use of the camera and microphone in order to proceed.
- From within your browser you can start inviting participants. You can do this in the following ways:
- Click the icon.
- Press the “plus” icon next to Attendees
- For these 2 methods, a window will appear asking you to add participants by providing the name and email. Then click on the “Add” button. Once all participants have been added to the list click on the “OK” button. An email will be automatically sent to all participants with the link to enter the web meeting.
Additionally, you can click on the icon or the “Link” next to the “Meeting Info” in the top right corner of your browser and the meeting link will be automatically copied to your clipboard. You can then send the link to other participants.
In the iOS client, the interface is quite similar with the same options and reactions.
The meeting link URL can be found in the “Meeting info” section. You can only start a WebMeeting immediately.
Schedule a 3CX WebMeeting
- From the 3CX client for Windows or Mac main screen, click the “Conference” button, and select “Create 3CX WebMeeting.”
- You can add participants in three ways:
- Enter an external participant’s name and email in the respective fields and click . Repeat the process to add additional participants.
- “Add from phonebook” button. Select the contacts you wish to invite and click “OK” on Windows, or “Back” on a Mac.
- “Import” and select a .csv file saved on your computer. Click “Open.” Note: The .csv must be in the following format: namesurname,firstname.lastname@example.org
- When all participants are added, click “Next.”
- On the “Meeting Info” screen, add the “Subject” of the web meeting and “Notes to participants.” These notes will be sent to the participants in the invitation email.
- Schedule when the meeting will take place, along with the meeting’s duration. You can now press “Schedule.”
From the “Advanced Settings” for Windows, “Options” in Mac, or Settings in iOS from within the meeting interface, you can set whether you want your participants to join the meeting before you and which startup options will be enabled for them. Specifically:
- Connectivity: If the checkbox is not ticked then the participants can join the meeting even though you are not yet connected.
- Organizer startup options: From here you can set which features will be enabled for the organizer from the startup. The choices are between Audio, Video and Chat.
- Participants startup options: From here you can set which features will be enabled for the participant from the startup. The choices are between Audio, Video and Chat.
- Click “Schedule” to schedule the meeting or “Start now” to enter the meeting right away. A new tab will open in your browser and you will automatically be logged in to your web meeting.The organizer and the invitees will receive emails with the meeting details.
Joining, Viewing, Editing and Re-sending Invitations
- From the “Scheduled 3CX WebMeetings” main screen, you can see the list of all the scheduled meetings.
- From here you can “Edit,” “Delete,” “Join” or “Resend meeting emails.”
Important: If you the below message appears during or when joining the meeting:
Follow the instructions here, in order to ensure your video is up and running again in no time.