The 3CX App for Mac
On this topic
Installing and Configuring the 3CX App for Mac
Download, install and configure the 3CX App for Mac OS 10.10+ with these steps:
Note: The 3CX welcome email is sent to you when your extension is created and can be resent by your system administrator.
The App At A Glance
The 3CX app’s functions enable you to efficiently manage calls, contacts, conferencing and more:
The 3CX app enables you to communicate effectively with:
- “Status” - browse and click on the name of a colleague to call.
- “Voicemail” - access your voicemail. Further customize your Voicemail options using the Web Client.
- “Chat” - exchange messages with your colleagues.
- “WebMeeting” - start a web meeting session and talk face-to-face with colleagues and contacts while at your desk.
- “Conference” - start or schedule audio and video conferences with your colleagues and contacts.
To transfer an active call click “Transfer” or “Att.Transfer”, enter the extension number or search by name and click on “Transfer”. When using “Att.Transfer”, click “Call” to announce the call before clicking “Transfer” to complete the call divert.
Status & Forwarding Rules
To set your status and automatically configure call forwarding, click on your current status below your profile to open the “Status” menu and select:
To further customize your status and forwarding options, use the 3CX Web Client to configure forwarding rules and exceptions.
You can personalize your 3CX app by clicking on “Settings” to change the app’s default behavior, set your audio options and forwarding rules or change the app’s theme. Configure the below options, amongst others:
- “Behavior” - customize the app’s behavior and the default “Cmd + 3” Quick-Paste Shortcut, set your “Profile Status” options and configure your forwarding rules. Further customize your status and forwarding options with the 3CX Web Client to configure forwarding rules and exceptions.
- “Audio Options” - configure advanced audio options and device settings.
- “Advanced” - customize the 3CX App’s “Network” and “External Application” options.
- “Preferences” - change “Language”, choose between the Black or White themes and set your own custom app header image.