Checking your Voicemail
Here you will find information on how to check your Voicemail from your specific IP Phone, as well as from any other desk phone and also using any phone from outside your office.
Checking Voicemail from Your IP Phone
From the list bellow select the make and model of your IP Phone to see how to check your messages using your specific handset.
- Cisco SPA500 Series
- Cisco 7940/7941/7960/7961
- Polycom Soundpoint IP 650
- Polycom Soundpoint IP 335
- Fanvil C62/C58
- snom 870
- snom 820/821
- snom 760/720
- snom 715/710
- snom 320/360/370
- snom 300
- Yealink T46/T48
- Yealink T41/T42
- Yealink T21/T22/T26
- Yealink T19P
- Yealink VP530
Checking Voicemail from any IP Phone
To check your voicemail from any phone in your office:
- Pick up the handset and dial “999”.
- Press “#”.
- You will be asked to enter your extension number, type in your extension number.
- You will then be asked for your voicemail PIN number. Type in your voicemail PIN number then press ”#”.
- Follow the voice prompts to check or delete your voicemails.
Checking your Voicemail from Outside Your Office
To check your voicemail from your mobile phone or any external phone when you have no WiFi or 3G connection follow these steps:
- Pick up your phone and dial the number your administrator provided you with.
- Once connected wait until you hear the prompt “Please enter extension number”, type in your extension number.
- You will be asked for your extension’s PIN number. Type your voicemail PIN number then press ”#”.
- You will be given access to your voicemail. Follow the voice prompts to check, delete or listen to your voicemails.