Customizing your Voicemail Greetings (Windows, Mac and Android)
On this topic
A personalized voicemail greeting may be the first contact between you and your customers. You have to make a good impression or at least give them the sense that they are important to you. The 3CX clients for Windows, Mac and Android give you the option to create personalized voicemail greetings for all of your statuses. The client is using the system’s Default Message for each profile status.
Important: This feature is not available on iOS.
To set your own voicemail messages:
- From the Dial Screen click or tap on the “Voicemail” button.
- Click on the folder button to go to the “Set Voicemail Greetings” tab. There are 2 options for setting your personalized greeting, “Record Greeting” or “Browse” an existing recording. You can only browse an existing recording on the 3CX client for Windows and Mac.
Note: In the Mac client you may access the “Set Voicemail Greeting” by right clicking on the voicemail icon.
Recording a Personalized Greeting
- In the “Set Voicemail Greetings” tab, click the “Record Greeting” button .
- You will then be prompted to a screen advising you to enter a filename for the voicemail greeting message and the procedure you need to follow. Click “OK” after entering the filename.
- You will receive a call from Caller ID “RecordFile”.
- Answer the call and follow the in-call instructions. You can do that in both Softphone and CTI mode. When the call ends you will be returned to the dialpad; from here you need to access the “Set Voicemail Greetings”.
- The recorded message will be available for all statuses. Select the status that you wish to set the recorded message for by clicking on the field next to the status.
- Click the “Voicemails” button to save your changes and return to the voicemail list. To record another custom greeting follow the same procedure.
Important: If you are not able to record a greeting, contact your administrator in order to give you the right to do so.
Setting a Pre-recorded Message as your Voicemail Greeting
To browse and set a pre-recorded greeting follow the procedure below:
- While on the “Set Voicemail Greetings” tab, click the folder button .
- Browse to select the .WAV file that you wish to use and click “Open.”
- The file will now be selected for that status.
- Click the “Voicemails” button to save your changes and return to the voicemail list.
For Android you can select a pre-recorded file that is saved in the 3CX directory. This must be enabled by your administrator.
Tips: You can hear your greetings before saving them by pressing the button for Windows and Mac or for Android. A call from “Playfile” will be directed to your extension.
Note: If any status is left to the “Play Default” option, and the “Default” field has been set to a custom message, then that greeting will be used whether that is the system default greeting or a personalized message.