On this topic
3CX provides out of the box integration with Vtiger. This plugin opens the contact record in Vtiger, creates a new contact if the inbound caller is not found, and creates an event bound to the contact, account or lead when the call ends, so the agent can take notes.
Launching outbound calls from the Vtiger interface is already available using the 3CX “hotkey dialing” feature. You simply select the phone number from the Vtiger interface and press the configured hotkey in order to dial that number and automatically connect the call to your extension.
- 3CX v15 PRO edition
- The 3CX client for Windows installed and running
- A Vtiger account
Prerequisite: Your IT Admin needs to give your extension the right to integrate with your CRM of choice
Configuring the Vtiger Plugin
- In order to open the configuration dialog, press the “Settings” button in the 3CX client for Windows.
- Select “Advanced Settings” and then click “Integration”. The configuration dialog will be shown.
Click on “General” to open the general settings page. From here you can configure the “Contact Open Mode” and the “Behavior”:
Contact Open Mode
- From the drop down menu select when you want the contact record to be opened in Freshdesk (on ring, on answer, or don’t open it)
- “Only show CRM contact details when Caller ID length is larger than” - To open the contact record if the Caller ID length is larger than a number of digits set by you (so it’s not launched when another extension is calling you).
- Check the “Enable Journaling” option to automatically create an event to enter notes. When this option is set, the plugin will create a new event and open a dialog to edit it in vtiger, already bound to the contact matched, when the call ends.
- “Create a new contacts if not found.” Enable this to create new entries when the Caller ID is not found.
- “Maximum digit length to compare.” When an inbound call arrives at your extension, the caller ID may have different formats depending on your PSTN or VoIP Provider. It could have an international format (including the country code), national format (including the region or city code), or local format (including only the local number).
Also, you may have added your contact’s phone numbers in your vtiger account with prefixes that are not present in the caller ID, such as mobile phone prefixes. In this case, to match the caller ID with the contact’s phone number, you need to specify the maximum digit length to compare parameter. Usually this parameter should be the length of your local phone number.
The vtiger plugin will compare the final number digits of the Caller ID with the final number digits that appear in your contact’s phone number. If you configure this parameter to compare a high number of digits, there's a greater chance that the Caller ID will match up with the contact, but it's possible that the Caller ID will not always match up with some contacts. If you configure the maximum digit length to compare to a lower number of digits, you get less accuracy when matching the Caller ID with your contacts.
Now, you need to fill in the “Authentication” section with your “vtiger URL”, “User Name” and “Access Key”.
The URL should be set to the main Dashboard page of your vtiger account (ends with “index.php”).
To get your “Access Key” you need to login to your vtiger account, click on the people’s icon on the upper right corner and then go to “My Preferences”. The Access Key is in the section “User Advanced Options”.
Then, in the “Contact Lookup” section you can choose to look for contact information in the Contacts, Accounts and / or Leads tables, and select the lookup order in these tables.
Finally, when opening a contact record, you can specify if you want it opened in your default browser, or configure the plugin to open the contact record in another browser.
Important: You must restart your 3CX client in order for the configuration to apply.
When an inbound call arrives at your extension and a contact is matched, the contact record will be automatically shown in your selected browser.
If a contact is not matched and the option “Create new contacts if not found” is checked, a new contact will be created and shown so can you update its details.
When the call ends and the option “Enable Journaling” is checked, the plugin will open a new event dialog, already bound to the contact, account or lead matched, where you can enter notes about the call that just finished.
Launching Calls from Vtiger
You can launch outbound calls directly from Vtiger using the “hotkey dialing” feature. This is an already existing feature available when installing the 3CX client for Windows. The Vtiger plugin does not add any additional functionality for outbound calls, because it is not needed.
In order to enable the hotkey dialing functionality, please refer to the Make Calls Using Hotkeys chapter in the 3CX User manual.