Joining a Web Conference
On this topic
Receiving the Invite
When you are invited to a video conference, you receive an email invite with the meeting title, notes, date and time, people participating and links to join the meeting.
Joining a Web Conference from Chrome or Firefox
- Click on the meeting link provided in the invitation email.
- When joining a meeting for the first time, you need to allow access to your camera and microphone in the browser pop-up.
- Enter your name and click login to join the web meeting.
- Click on the link for the Chrome or Firefox extension and click on the “Add” button to add the extension to your browser.
- Click “Add” in the pop-up window to install and note the 3CX Click to Call extension icon in your browser’s top right corner.
Tip: If you have already installed the extension, make sure that you update to the latest version.
Joining a Web Conference on your iOS Device
Joining a Web Conference on your Android Device
Important: The Android version enables you to only participate (audio and video) and not interact in a web meeting, i.e. the React, Chat, Invite, Share PDF features are not available.
Smartphone - Switch Camera (iOS only)
When joining a web conference from your smartphone or tablet, your device’s back camera may be activated instead of the front camera. To switch from the back to the front camera, tap your camera view and tap on the lower left camera selector.
Browser - Webcam Not Working
In the unusual event that your video is not working when joining a 3CX WebMeeting from a browser, please follow these tips to ensure your video is up and running in no time:
- If the “Could not detect your Webcam” message is displayed, your video device is not connected or not working.
- Check if you can see your preview image at the bottom right of the screen or a red camera icon beside your name in the Attendees list, as this indicates that there is an issue with your webcam.
- Check if another application is using your webcam by closing all video-related applications, and join the meeting again. This is the most common reason for your video to stop working.
- Check if your browser may be blocking your webcam:
- For Chrome check in “Settings > Advanced Settings > Content settings > Camera”.
- For Firefox check in “Options > Privacy & Security > Camera Settings...”