How to share your WebRTC call link (Windows and Mac)
On this topic
WebRTC (Web Real-Time Communications) allows others to communicate with you, for free, using an open standards browser such as Chrome or Firefox, without the need for additional plugin installation. This feature is enabled by your administrator who will assign a dedicated URL for your extension.
Share your WebRTC call link from within the client
- From the client dial pad, click the “Chat” button.
- Select the contact or the extension of the recipient and compose a new message.
- From within the dialog box press the “Send WebRTC call link” button and your link will be sent.
- When your contact clicks on the link a tab will open in their browser. By clicking on the “Press to Call Now” button they will place a call to your Web DID.
Share your WebRTC call link to external parties (only for Windows)
This option is for recipients that do not have a 3CX client. They will be able to call you on your Web DID through their browser with their headset.
- Go to “Settings” > “Call Forwarding” > “WebRTC call link.” If WebRTC is not assigned to your extension then you will not be able to see this option.
- Send your WebRTC call link to the external party.
- Elevate a call to a video call – Include video in your call with the Windows client.
- Hosting an online meeting – Windows and Mac.
- Joining a 3CX web conference – From any open standard browser.
- Sharing Your Screen or a PDF – Ideal for webinars and support cases