Connecting the beroNet bero*fix (gateway) to the Network
On this topic:
This guide will show you how to connect the bero*fix Box with the LAN and WAN.
Connecting the beroNet bero*fix
- Connect the box to the network and plug in the power supply.
- If the firmware installed is 2.x the default IP address of the bero*fix is 10.0.0.2/16. If the firmware installed is 3.x then the IP address is assigned with DHCP. In either case you can download a simple tool called bfdetect from beroNet (Windows 64bit, Windows 32bit, Linux).
- Run the tool and discover the IP address.
- Open the web interface of the bero*fix by pointing a browser in this case to http://192.168.9.39.
- The default credentials for the Beronet web interface are Username: admin, Password: admin
- Go to “Preferences + > Network settings” and change the IP Address to a free IP in your network. In this example we will continue to use 192.168.9.39.
- Save the settings and reboot the beronet. On next startup, you will be able to access the beronet bero*fix web configuration interface by pointing a browser to this new IP Address – http://192.168.9.39.