This chapter explains how to use 3CXPhone.
To make a call, simply dial the number on the keypad using your mouse, or enter the number using your keypad. Click the green button with the handset or hit the enter key to instruct the phone to dial the number. 3CXPhone will make the call on the first available line. The button with the handset will turn red. Click on it again to hang up the call.
As soon as a call comes in, 3CXPhone will ring, bring the phone to the front and show the incoming call on the screen of the phone. If the phone is minimized, a pop-up will appear.
To answer the call, click on the green handset button or hit the ‘Enter’ key.
To reject the call, click on the red handset button or hit the ‘Escape’ key. The caller will be treated as if your phone was busy. The forwarding settings for ‘Call Busy’ will be triggered.
If you are not able to take the call, you can transfer it to voice mail by clicking on the icon with the envelope.
You can answer a call by hitting the “Enter” key, or cancel a call by hitting the “Escape” key
3CX VoIP allows you to easily transfer calls. You can choose between blind and attended transfer.
- Whilst on a call, click on the transfer button and enter the number you want to transfer the call to.
- Click on the Dial button (the green button) to perform the transfer
- Whilst on a call, click on ‘Line 2’, which will automatically put the call on hold.
- Now dial the number you want to transfer the call to and announce call to the callee.
- To transfer the call, click the transfer button, followed by the Line 1 button (which will be flashing). The call will be transferred
Recording a call
You can record a call simply by clicking on the record call button. This will record the current call in progress and save it as a wav file. You can access the recordings by going to Calls > Recordings.