3CXPhone is a free softphone that you can use to make and receive VoIP phone calls from your PC, Iphone or Android based smartphone. The advantage of using 3CXPhone is that you can leverage low cost or free VoIP calls and you can connect to the company VoIP PBX and work remotely.
To use 3CXPhone as your softphone you will need:
- for Microsoft Windows XP, Vista and 7
- for Android 1.6, 2.1, 2.2 based devices such as Google Nexus, Sony Xperia, Motorola Droid or Samsung Galaxy.
- for Iphone, you will need an Iphone 3GS or 4 with iOS4
- An account with a VOIP provider or a SIP server / VoIP PBX
- On Windows a headset
- An internet connection or a mobile provider
- Ensure that your mobile provider allows VoIP and has 3G enabled. Some mobile operators block VoIP calls purposely to avoid revenue loss
- Work remotely by registering the softphone to your company PBX
- Quick and simple installation
- Free download from Android market or Apple appstore
- Open Standards based next generation softphone
- Easy to use, intuitive user interface with dial pad and buttons
- Identical user experience on Windows, Android and Iphone
- MSI installation allows for easy network wide installation
- Completely free – saving licensing costs and licensing administration
- Environmentally friendly – Softphones save electricity!
- Substantial savings on telephone bills
- 3CXphone also works seamlessly as an IP phone connected to 3CX Phone System for Windows, an award winning IP PBX that helps businesses break free from obsolete proprietary hardware based PBXs.