• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Version 14 - audio recording and voicemail format

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean.suntelnetworks

Reaction score
Seriously 3cx dev and management,

Who thought 4 BIT ADPCM would be acceptable? Seriously, it sounds like a chav talking.

This is why most android cannot play the new format, because the minimum bit depth for most applications is 8bit. The last time I remember having to deal with 4bit audio was back in 1994.

3cx devs needs to either A) pay the license for MP3, B) put it back to the previous recording format.

Seriously, standard ulaw/alaw would sound better than this crap. At least give us an option of what format to choose for those of us that don't care how much space a recording takes.

I fully agree, trying to make good sounding IVR recordings is impossible.

+1

Hmmm, perhaps this explains why when I experimented with 3CX set to high def codecs it sounded horrible (way worse than default 3CX).

Attn: 3CX developers- We need normal PCM back ASAP! This is a real buzz kill for Google Apps customers.

Attn: 3CX developers- We need normal PCM back ASAP! This is a real buzz kill for Google Apps customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leowong
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.