Solved 365 Photo Sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

aschildmeyerSTR

Premier Customer
Joined
Jan 28, 2021
Messages
93
Reaction score
45
Hi,

I just upgraded to V18 and it's been working well. One thing that is super odd is I've enabled Office 365 photo sync and it's working, except I have maybe 3-4 users who photos won't pull down. I've validated that they have a photo in Office 365. Is there something I should look at or some requirements for photos to sync that I missed?
 
Do they have "Microsoft 365" next to their name in users list?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
But why when 3 out of 50 users do not work just for photo replication but everything else?
Checking all the bases.

Also check if things like calendar sync is working for these extensions or try changing the pic on one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
I'd try what @kieferschild suggested first, and if that doesn't help, for 1 of the 3 users that are having this problem I'd try this:
  1. Disable MS365 User sync and Sign In
  2. Delete the Extension
  3. Recreate the extension manually, set the extension number to what is was before and put the email address that the user has in MS365, but put a random name
  4. Re-enable User Sync and Sign In
  5. Check that the extension you created pulled the correct First/Last name from O365
After this, check if the image was synced.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Alright, tried everything as listed and nothing seemed to work. I'm out of time for the time being on troubleshooting this further as I work on some other projects. I will try and come back to it later.
 
Alright, tried everything as listed and nothing seemed to work. I'm out of time for the time being on troubleshooting this further as I work on some other projects. I will try and come back to it later.
Alright, as I was doing something else I noticed something.

For the users in 3CX missing there picture
On the O365 sides the following -
1. The users had a teams picture
2. The users had an Azure AD picture
3. They did not have pictures in Delve
4. They did not have pictures in Sharepoint

So I found a combination of needing to turn on the exchange sync in SharePoint user profiles and then pushing the picture to exchange directly with set-userphoto powershell commands. After I pushed the picture to exchange online, disabled picture sync in 3cx and re-enabled it the pictures showed up.

I figured it was using the GraphAPI which you'd think if AzureAD has the picture as well as teams it should work... But nope.

TLDR - it was an office365 issue.

Thanks All.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.