Your communications Dashboard -The 3CX Web Client
- Retrieve your credentials from your Welcome Email.
- Go to e.g. https://mycompany.3cx.com/webclient/
- Enter your extension and password.
Make, Receive & Transfer Calls
- Make a call by clicking on an extension or enter name/number in the search box.
- Toggle the phone icon to trigger a call on your smartphone, deskphone or web client.
- Transfer a call by clicking “Transfer” or “Att. Transfer”, enter the extension or name.
- To blind transfer click “Transfer” and hang up
- If Att. Transfer announce the call and click “Transfer”.
Manage your Status
- Set your status and status message by clicking on the drop down menu next to your avatar.
- Click on the pencil to add a status message.
- Set status temporarily to time limit your status automatically.
- Green means available, yellow on a call, red is busy – calls will be diverted to voicemail.
Chat with your Colleagues
- Click on the “Chat” function.
- Click on “+” to create a new chat or “new group” for group chat.
- Select the extension(s) and click “OK” or tap “Done” to start chatting.
Your Office Anywhere – The 3CX Apps
- Click “Transfer” or “Att. Transfer”.
- Enter the extension or search by name, tap “Transfer” and hang up.
If Att. Transfer announce the call and click “Transfer”.
Using your Deskphone
- Dial the number on the keypad and hit the send or enter button.
- OR select a contact or extension from your web client or a number from a web page, hit call.
- The web client will trigger the call on your deskphone if the toggle is correctly set.
For blind transfer: Press “Transfer”, dial the extension, press send/dial and hang up.
Attended transfer Yealink: Press “Transfer”, dial number or select extension, press “Send”, announce the caller, press “Transfer” and hang up.
Attended transfer Snom: Press the “Hold” button and dial the extension you want to transfer to. Announce the call and press “Transfer” followed by send/dial and hang up.
Setting your Voicemail Greeting
- By phone:
- Dial “999”– if 999 is an emergency number dial “666”.
- Enter your PIN and then press “#”.
- Select option “9” then “5” and then “0”.
- From the web client:
- Go to Settings > Greetings
- From here you can set a greeting according to your status.
To Playback Voicemail
- By phone:
- Dial “999” or hit “Voicemail /Message” – if 999 is an emergency number dial “666”.
- Enter your PIN, press “#” and then “*” to play your messages.
- Web Client: Click voicemail. Select the message and click “Play”.
- Android & iOS App: Tap on the burger menu and select Voicemail.
Scheduling an Audio/Web Conference
Creating an ad-hoc Web Conference
- Click on “WebMeeting” in the web client.
- Click “Invite People” in the central navigation bar.
- Now click allow the use of the camera and microphone!
Creating an Audio Conference
From the Web Client, Android & iOS Apps:
- Tap or click on “Schedule Conference” (in the top menu for smartphones).
- Add the “Subject” and “Notes”.
- Specify the preferred time.
- “Enable Announcements” to get notified when participants join.
- Add participants and hit “Create Meeting” (Web Client) or “Done” (Android & iOS).
- Participants will receive an invitation email with an external dial-in number and a PIN.
- Internal participants will receive an email with an extension and PIN or be called.