Your Communications Dashboard - The 3CX Web Client
The 3CX Web Client is the center for managing all your communication needs into one unified environment. The Web Client enables you to communicate efficiently, simplifying device-specific functions like transfers, address book lookups and forwarding profiles.
Your Web Client credentials can be found in your Welcome Email. The 3CX Web Client can be accessed from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge. You can have your welcome email resent from your smartphone app (Android, iOS) or desktop app (Windows, Mac).
The Web Client At a Glance
Easily access the Web Client’s key functions on the left sidebar to manage your contacts and calls.
Hassle-free Call Management
Manage calls easily from your web browser with the Web Client’s call pop-up:
- “Call pop up” - appears on an active call.
- “Transfer” - transfer a call to a number or contact and hang up - “blind transfer”.
- “Attended transfer” - transfer a call to a number or contact, announce the caller and then press “Transfer” to handover the call.
- “Conference” - elevates a call to a conference call where you can add more participants to join the conversation.
Initiating a Call on Another Phone
Use the Web Client’s “Phone Selector” to switch between connected devices - you can choose between your deskphone, smartphone or Web Client:
- Select the phone to use for the call, i.e. your smartphone.
- Click to call a contact and the call is initiated on the phone via “Make Call”.
- Click “Answer” to call the contact.
Add More People to your Call
To elevate a call to conference or add participants while in a conference call:
Tip: To manage scheduled conferences click on the “Schedule Conference” function on the sidebar.
Managing your Voicemail
Efficiently manage and personalize your voicemail.
Go to “Settings” > “Greetings” and:
To access your voicemail messages, click on the “Voicemail” function from the left side menu and use the “Search Box” to filter the messages by caller name or number. Manage your voicemail just like your email:
- “Filter” voicemail messages by caller name or number.
- Common operations for each voicemail include “Download” as an audio file, “Play” via your IP phone, “Call back”, “Mark as heard” and “Delete”.
Manage your Status
Let your colleagues know if you’re available to take a call by setting your status with the “Status” selector and automatically configuring call forwarding:
Further customize your “Status”, from the Web Client’s “Settings” > “Call Forwarding” function:
- “Custom status message” - Set a custom message for statuses.
- “Custom Profile Name” - Rename the “Lunch” and “Business Trip” profiles.
- “No Answer Timeout” - Number of seconds to activate forwarding for “Unanswered Calls” for “Available” and “Lunch” profiles.
You can also set forwarding rule “Exceptions” to divert calls based on Caller ID and time of call.
Call Numbers from Web Pages - the Click to Call Extension
The Click to Call browser extension works with the Web Client to enable you to call numbers from a web page:
- Click on the phone number.
- Click “Call” on the Web Client dialpad to launch a call on the selected deskphone or smartphone.
See the Click to Call User Guide for more info.
The Switchboard (PRO edition)
The “Switchboard” function is available in the PRO edition and provides different views on call and queue activity, depending on your role within the organization.
Right click a call to manage it with an actions menu, depending on your rights.
- “All” - The default view of extension and queue calls.
- “Queue Calls” - An aggregated view of all queue call activity.
- “Per Queue” - Displays the calls and agents on a per-queue basis.
- “Wallboard” - A condensed view with call queue analytics.
- “Reminders” - Enables you to view and manage all set Reminders. To create a Reminder, go to the “People” function, click on a contact’s “Show more” icon (...) , select “Add Reminder”, set the date and time.
Configure the Switchboard view options from “Settings” > “Switchboard”. Queue Managers can configure the Wallboard view options in “Settings” > “Wallboard” to set custom messages and select participating queues.