The 3CX Android App
On this topic
Installing and Configuring the 3CX Android App
Download, install and configure the 3CX Android App versions 4.1+ with these steps:
Accessing the Sidebar Menu
Swipe from left to right to open the sidebar menu to easily access the 3CX App’s key functions and manage your contacts and calls:
The 3CX Android App enables you to communicate effectively with:
- “Status” - browse and tap on the name of your colleague to call.
- “Contacts” - select a contact to view info and tap on the phone number to call.
- “Keypad” - directly dial numbers to “Call”.
- “Recents” - review call activity and tap entries on the list to call.
- “Chat” - exchange messages with your colleagues.
To transfer an active call tap “Transfer” or “Att. Transfer”, enter the extension number or search by name and tap on “Transfer”. When using “Att.Transfer”, you can announce the call before tapping “Transfer” to complete the call divert.
Status & Forwarding Rules
To set your status and automatically configure call forwarding, tap on your profile image in the “Keypad” screen to select:
To further customize your status and forwarding options, use the 3CX Web Client to configure forwarding rules and exceptions.
You can personalize your 3CX App by tapping on “Settings” to set your audio options, choose between WiFi and 3G connectivity or change the app’s theme. Configure the below options, amongst others:
- “Accounts” - select the default account to use, edit, activate and switch between accounts.
- “Audio Options” - configure advanced audio options and device settings.
- “Advanced” - set advanced networking and notification options.
- “Application Theme” - choose between the Black or White themes.
- “Voicemail Greetings” - record and configure your Voicemail Greeting messages, depending on your status.
- “Resend Credentials” - get a new “Welcome Email” in your inbox, including sensitive info such as your voicemail number and PIN code.