Installing the 3CX client for iOS
On this topic
The ability for employees to work remotely is becoming more of a necessity than ever before. In an age where technology has made it possible to work remotely via the Internet; the 3CX client for iOS connects your office calls through your iOS device allowing you to make and receive office calls at no cost!
Possessing a user-friendly interface, the 3CX client for iOS allows you to transfer calls, create conference calls, view the status of colleagues or control your own status from wherever you are.
The 3CX client for iOS is supported on the following versions:
- iOS 10 and above
- iPhone 5S and up
- iPod touch (6th generation)
- iPad 4th generation and up
- iPad Mini 2 and up
Installing the 3CX client for iOS
- In the Apple App Store, tap the “Search” button in the lower right corner and type “3CX” in the search box.
Note: The App is not available in the China App Store.
- From the result list, tap the result with the title “3CX.”
- Tap the “Download”button and then “Open.”
- Grant access to the App to use the microphone and the contacts and confirm that you accept to receive notifications from the “3CX client.” Once you press “OK,” a message will appear confirming that your 3CX client has been installed. Follow the instructions provided in the configuration wizard.
- Go to your 3CX web client. In the top right corner click on your profile picture and a drop down menu will appear. Click on “Scan QR Code.”
- A pop up will appear with your extension’s QR code. Now open the 3CX client on your device, go to “Settings > QR Provisioning” scan the QR code and the client will be automatically configured.
- Once configuration is complete, you will see the Available status in the dial screen and On Hook in the right upper corner. You can now start making calls.
Note: An alternative method to download the 3CX client for iOS is through iTunes. Download the file on your computer, then sync your iOS device with itunes to install the 3CX client app or download it directly on your iOS device. To download using itunes, click this link from your computer.
Once the installation and configuration is completed, you can personalize your 3CX client by tapping on the “Settings” in the “More” button. In this section, you can set your audio and video options, choose between WiFi and 3G connectivity or even change your theme. Let’s have a closer look at the options provided below:
- Accounts: From within the accounts you may select which account you want to use. Additionally you may edit, remove or add accounts, use “Audio Codes” and more. IMPORTANT: Do not modify these settings unless you are advised to do so by your administrator.
- Audio Options: From here you can specify your audio options. Usually the default settings are exactly what you need but in case you need to change something, here’s how:
- First RTP port: This is set by default. Do not change unless your administrator advise you so.
- Echo cancellation: When enabled, it will minimize any echo heard during calls.
- Play chat notification: Choose the notification sound for when receiving chat messages.
- Advanced Settings
- Local SIP Port: Default is empty. When using the default setting, 3CX will use a random port provided by the system to pass SIP traffic through. If you would like to change this contact your administrator.
- About: Find out which version is being used.
- Application Theme: You can choose between black or white theme to change the way your client looks.
- Re-provision: If the client is having difficulties connecting or your your PBX or is not registering, you can select this option to automatically “Re-provision” the 3CX client.
- Request Welcome Email: Use this option when you require a fresh Welcome Email to be resent to your inbox by the administrator. Furthermore, you may retrieve other types of sensitive data such as your voicemail number or PIN number.
- Language: The 3CX client uses your phone’s default language. If you want to change the language you will have to do so from your phone settings.