Installing the 3CX client for iOS
On this topic
Employee mobility has become an important element of a successful business. Regardless of where you are work can’t wait and because of this we have all become physically attached to our smartphones. This is where the 3CX client for iOS comes in. The iOS client allows you to make and receive office calls on your iOS device from your office extension, for free. It’s user-friendly interface allows you to transfer calls, create conference calls, view the status of colleagues or control your own status from wherever you are. There’s no need to give out your personal mobile number anymore either!
The 3CX client for iOS is supported on the following versions:
- iOS 10
- iPhone 5 and up
- iPod touch (6th generation).
- iPad 4th generation and up
- iPad Mini 2 and up
Installing the 3CX Client for iOS
- In the Apple App Store, tap the “Search” button in the lower right corner and type “3CX” in the search box.
- From the result list, tap the result with the title “3CX client for Phone System 14/15”. Important: In order to update your 3CX client for iOS to v14/v15 you will have to uninstall the old app and re- install the new version.
- Tap the “Download” button and then “Open”.
- Grant access to the App to use the Microphone and the Contacts and confirm that you accept to receive notifications from the “3CX client”. Once you press “OK”, a message will appear confirming that your 3CX client has been installed. Follow the instructions provided in the configuration wizard.
- Open the configuration file attached to your 3CX Welcome Email. This email was sent to you when your extension was created. If you cannot find it, ask your administrator to resend it. Once configuration is complete, you will see the Available status in the dial screen and On Hook in the right upper corner. You can now start making calls.
Note: Another way to download the 3CX client for iOS is through iTunes. Download the file on your computer, then sync your iOS device with itunes to install the 3CX client app or download it directly on your iOS device. To download using itunes, click this link from your computer.
Once the installation and configuration is completed, you can personalize your 3CX client by tapping on the “Settings” in the “More” button. In this section, you can set your audio and video options, choose between WiFi and 3G connectivity or even change your theme. Let’s have a closer look at the options provided below:
- Accounts: From within the accounts you may select which account you want to use. Additionally you may edit, remove or add accounts, use “Audio Codes” and more. IMPORTANT: Do not modify these settings unless you are advised to do so by your administrator.
- Audio Options: From here you can specify your Audio options. Usually the default settings are exactly what you need but in case you need to change something, here’s how:
- First RTP port: This is set by default. Do not change unless your administrator advise you so.
- Echo cancellation: When enabled, it will minimize any echo heard during calls.
- Play chat notification: Choose the notification sound for when receiving chat messages.
- Advanced Settings
- Local SIP Port: Default is empty. When using the default setting, 3CX will use a random port provided by the system to pass SIP traffic through. If you would like to change this contact your administrator.
- About: Find out which version is being used.
- Application Theme: You can choose between Black or White theme to change the way your client looks.
- If your client is having difficulties connecting to your PBX or is not registering, you can select the option “Re-provision” to automatically re-provision the 3CX Client.
- In case you cannot find the original Welcome Email and you want to retrieve information such as your voicemail number, pin or other useful information, please select the option “Request Welcome Email.”
- The 3CX client uses your phone’s default language. If you want to change the language you will have to do so from your phone settings.