3CX - SalesForce Integration Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBE

Forum User
Joined
Jun 23, 2021
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Currently our business is trying to integrate our 3CX and SalesForce environments to help lighten the load on our Customer Service department and we're struggling with some issues currently. The main functionality we're looking to get out of it was to have it automatically pull up accounts when a representative receives a call from a customer. As it stands, it appears to be fulfilling part of that functionality, insofar as it will pull up the individual contact tied to that phone number, rather than going to the account like we would prefer.

Things I have tried:
  • Setting the 3CX integration to always query the CRM instead of the contacts list within 3CX.
  • Changing the 3CX "Contact Lookup Order" to "Accounts/Contacts/Leads"
  • Clearing the CRM contacts automatically generated by 3CX as customers have called in.
  • Tested with dummy contacts/accounts.
I cannot reliably get it to pull up just the account, so any insight as to how or if this functionality can be attained would be appreciated.

Thanks!
 
Make sure the numbers in the CRM don't contain any dashes, parentheses or else.
 
With the contact/account that I've been testing with any additional characters would be automatically added on the CRMs side and there's nothing I can do about that if it's doing it. Additionally, it's not that it's unable to find it, so much as it's not pulling up what we'd like.

Currently in my testing, I have no phone number assigned to the contact under the account, and the phone number I'm calling from is assigned to the account, yet it still pulls up the dummy contact.
 
With the contact/account that I've been testing with any additional characters would be automatically added on the CRMs side and there's nothing I can do about that if it's doing it. Additionally, it's not that it's unable to find it, so much as it's not pulling up what we'd like.

Currently in my testing, I have no phone number assigned to the contact under the account, and the phone number I'm calling from is assigned to the account, yet it still pulls up the dummy contact.
Keep in mind that there is a 10min cache in the system which will always take the current informations for that reason.

This will be removed in V18 however.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RBE
I did not know about this cache, so that will be helpful to know in testing this. I still have not managed to find any satisfactory way to accomplish what we're looking at however.
 
Hello @RBE,

For Salesforce, it's important to format numbers properly both on the 3CX and Salesforce sides, in order to get matches consistently. We have recently found that Salesforce applies an automatic reformatting when you are in US or Canada and the number is 10 or 11 digits length. More information here:
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=sf.basics_understanding_values_curr_date_phone.htm&type=5

This causes that those numbers can't be matched, because the number is stored in Salesforce with spaces and parenthesis.

The solution is storing the number in Salesforce in E164 format, that is with the plus (+) prefix, country code and local number. This way Salesforce will not reformat the number. Also you must ensure that your SIP Trunk gives you the caller's number in E164 format, or apply Caller ID reformatting if this is not the case. With both configurations in place, the number will match without problems.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT and RBE
Well, so far we haven't had much in the way of issues of it matching the number to the contacts. The actual issue we're having is that we'd prefer it to always pull up the account, rather than the contact under the account.
 
If you configure the integration to search on accounts first, then that will be triggered first. If you're still getting contacts back, then there are 2 options:
1) The account doesn't have the phone number set. Or
2) The account has the number, but in a wrong format.

Please note that the Account entity must have the number. 3CX will not get the account for a matching contact.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,962
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe