- Joined
- Sep 11, 2018
- Messages
- 19
- Reaction score
- 1
Hi,
I use already for some time with a lot of satisfaction various AVM (Fritz) devices as VoIP clients behind a local 3CX installation.
There are some quirks to install correctly, e.g. change the fact that the use the phone number for registering and that you configure both the authentication name and the password at the right position, but otherwise they serve as good-quality-for-money ATA's and DECT gateways. There are two things I never could configure correctly and was interested to hear if any of you had more success here:
- Intercom calls, inside the AVM you can make a PA-Call to another handset with a speaker, this is one-way audio only but should do the job. Calls made by the 3CX in mode 'PA' are treated as a normal incoming voice call.
- Outgoing calls with as first character an asterisk or a pound sign. I can 'escape' them with *# in front of the number, but that becomes cumbersome in the end. Anyone managed to make the keypad completely transparent towards the 3CX by default ?
Many thanks in advance !
I use already for some time with a lot of satisfaction various AVM (Fritz) devices as VoIP clients behind a local 3CX installation.
There are some quirks to install correctly, e.g. change the fact that the use the phone number for registering and that you configure both the authentication name and the password at the right position, but otherwise they serve as good-quality-for-money ATA's and DECT gateways. There are two things I never could configure correctly and was interested to hear if any of you had more success here:
- Intercom calls, inside the AVM you can make a PA-Call to another handset with a speaker, this is one-way audio only but should do the job. Calls made by the 3CX in mode 'PA' are treated as a normal incoming voice call.
- Outgoing calls with as first character an asterisk or a pound sign. I can 'escape' them with *# in front of the number, but that becomes cumbersome in the end. Anyone managed to make the keypad completely transparent towards the 3CX by default ?
Many thanks in advance !