Contacts\Exchange Public Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstPoint

Titanium Partner
Joined
Oct 3, 2022
Messages
71
Reaction score
4
Hi,
I need to set up an Exchange Online Public folder in the 3cx Address Book.
I set from Contacts - Exchange.

The user is correct and I have activated the Impersonated User
But I always get a 401 in the Logs

I know that now there is also Microsoft 365 integration, but how do I use that to synchronize a Public Folder?

Thanks
Simone Rota
 
Regarding your question about syncing from 365 to the company phonebook, shared mailbox folders are required, not public folders.

See the complete guide here: https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/microsoft-365/

Regarding the exchange sync and public folders, you should check the path you are setting under the Select folders section.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Checked the path,
In different ways
with "\" or "/" or without

Always 401
Error while checking contacts from Public Folder
"The request failed. The remote server returned an error: (401) .
---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) ."
 
401 is Unauthorized. Check your credentials and permissions.
 
From what I understood, the 401 error is from the exchange side.

Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ServiceRequestException

From this, the system tries to get information by logging into the exchange servers' web services, which returns the error.

Have you checked that you can log in with Basic authentication? From what I know, basic authentication has been disabled from the MS side, and you may need to check with MS support regarding this subject.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/e...ation-of-basic-authentication-exchange-online

We, therefore, recommend using the 365 integration options: https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/microsoft-365/, which uses the new OAuth authentication method advised by Microsoft.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: badflasher
Status
Not open for further replies.