• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Solved DHCP Hostname

Status
Not open for further replies.

bllawrence

Forum User
Basic Certified
Joined
Mar 22, 2019
Messages
47
Reaction score
5
We have a problem reported by the staff who watch our logging server. The logging server is having trouble parsing dhcp logs because of the T29G phones (about 400 to 500) show up with a hostname of SIP T-29G but with different IP addresses. I found the following that says there is no way to change this apart from a custom template.

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/setting-phone-hostname-during-provisioning.75091/

I was just wondering if a later revision on the 3cx software has changed that or if it is possibly in the works.
 
I'm afraid it's as stated in the linked thread, there is no way to change this via 3CX apart from possibly using a custom template, nor are there any future plans to allow such functionality.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us