HubSpot CRM integration phone number will only match without formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scot Busby

Customer
Joined
Jun 8, 2017
Messages
87
Reaction score
19
We are exploring some of the CRM integrations available and, as of now, have landed on HubSpot. The integration seems to work, however, I am unable to get contact phone numbers to return information unless the phone number in the HubSpot contact does not contain any dashes. For example, 3CX will not return any matches if I use 800-555-1212, but if the HubSpot contact phone is 8005551212, the contact is matched and returns results.

Has anyone run into this and can I adjust the query to use dashes rather than not (so I can avoid having to modify all the contact phone numbers in HubSpot)?

Thank you!
 
We are exploring some of the CRM integrations available and, as of now, have landed on HubSpot. The integration seems to work, however, I am unable to get contact phone numbers to return information unless the phone number in the HubSpot contact does not contain any dashes. For example, 3CX will not return any matches if I use 800-555-1212, but if the HubSpot contact phone is 8005551212, the contact is matched and returns results.

Has anyone run into this and can I adjust the query to use dashes rather than not (so I can avoid having to modify all the contact phone numbers in HubSpot)?

Thank you!
Unfortunately, this is the way that 3CX searches and it's how the HubSpot API works. It's a limitation.

Feel free to use this script I built for this exact purpose: bulk number reformatting. https://github.com/fmarcoux96/hubspot-phone-number-formatter

Any PHP dev can work with that easily. Otherwise, I'd be glad to help.
 
  • Like
Reactions: edossantos
Thanks - I was afraid that was the root issue. I appreciate the script reference as well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us