M365 User Sync with photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

tol

Silver Partner
Basic Certified
Joined
Dec 3, 2020
Messages
18
Reaction score
4
I setup the user sync on an existing 3cx v18 for getting the M365 photos to 3cx. Sadly no photo is synced. Is the sync only for automatically created new extensions?
 
I've been testing the same, the extension was already set up in 3CX. I enabled user sync with only photo selected. In users I can see M365 listed against the extension and the extension is added to the Azure group, but the photo is not updated.

In the 3cxSystemServerive.log I can see it errors when trying to save the photo:
2021/08/27 05:00:06.193|10668|0071|Erro|ClientException while running Office365DirectoryReader.GetAndSaveUserPhotoAsync for user [email protected]: Code: UnknownError
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
You need to enable user sync, also the "user photo" option, but of course you need to also specific users below (All Users, or specific ones).

Also, have you checked this thread?
https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/365-photo-sync.83644/
Yes I have selected specific users. We have an on prem install (4 users selected) and a hosted install (5 users selected) both has separate integrations to the same M365. Both show the same error message for each user selected.

From what I can see for all users they have photo showing in Teams, AzureAD, Sharepoint and Delve. It is most likely a M365 configuration issue so will continue investigating.
 
  • Like
Reactions: NickD_3CX
We have no Exchange Online active. But I get another error message for this issue:

2021/08/27 13:58:30.925|27926|0106|Erro|Error while running Office365DirectoryReader.GetAndSaveUserPhotoAsync for user [email protected]: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0.
 
@Andrew Dunmore @tol

You could you please do the following:
  1. Enabled Verbose logging from the Dashboard --> Activity Logs --> Settings
  2. Restart all 3CX Services
  3. Log back into the Management Console and Disable User Sync and press OK.
  4. Re-enable User Sync and press OK.
  5. Generate the SupportInfo file bundle from "Support" drop-down in the top-right corner.
  6. Check your email inbox for the email including the SupportInfo download link, upload it to a file sharing service of your choice (GDrive, OneDrive, Dropbox, WeTransfer, etc) and send me the download link in a PM so I can have a look at the error you are getting.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.