Office 365 Integration and Choosing or Forcing Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

caldwell

Bronze Partner
Joined
Nov 8, 2010
Messages
101
Reaction score
28
The last time I tried an O365 integration with 3CX, the client did not want to proceed because O365 wanted to assign a whole batch of extensions rather than honoring the extensions they have had for years.

When I asked about it at the time, the response seemed to be, "There is no field or no setting in O365 to record an extension number which will be recognized or honored by O365 during a sync."

With a new client coming up on a new install, they are in a similar situation migrating from a legacy system but generally PREFERRING to keep the extension numbers that have been assigned to users and departments for sometimes 10-20 years.

1. Is there any way to force O365 and 3CX to honor or recognize a preferred extension in the current release (or even the alpha)?

2. If there is not, is it possible to set a threshold of "Begin at extension number: 5123" and sync only ONE user at a time so that this user is ASSIGNED extension 5123 and then manually repeat that process while syncing a second user and setting the threshold to, say, "5255" and having that user be assigned his/her normal number of 5255? This would be a boatload of work, but they may desire that enough to pay for it.

3. If #1 is not possible and #2 will work, what are the best ways to do the second option in your experience?

4. Are there any potential "gotchas" once the primary batch of users are synced?

Thank you for any help you can offer on this.
 
Anyone have any input or experience with this?
 
I received a message from PaulF707 who could not post here in the forums. He sent me this information which seems particularly useful (posted with his permission):

Sorry - I can't reply to your post...
Anyway, we imported our users via CSV and created all the required extension numbers (sounds like you may already have them in place).
I made sure all the email addresses matched the M365 emails.
Then I went to Users in the Admin section and then the M365 button at the top.
There is an option to only sync specific users (Sync Only) - I selected the M356 users there, and 3CX 'found' the users / extensions already created and added SSO to them.

Not a quick solution - but it does keep the correct extensions assigned.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.