PA2 - Analog switching to change inputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphabetic

3CX MVP
Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Joined
Jul 1, 2016
Messages
6,627
Reaction score
2,640
Hi guys

does anyone know of a way or device to use with the PA2 that will allow for signals to be switched?

We have a DAB radio with analog LR going into a box that the existing (old) phone system is connected to.

I believe when the extension is rung, theres a current sent down the rj11 which must either disable or switch the DAB and allow for output.

I basically need the DAB radio to stop whilst announcement is played. I dont think we can retro fit current solution as its on their old phone system.
 
At the moment I guess it's using the master volume cos we were going in through the emergency input. We just need to get the volume right so the announcements are loud enough. might have to go in the mic1 input if we need to
 
yeah, EM is a fixed level, but you can set the master volume to the level you need, for the PA2, as long as it doesn't cause constant static in the speakers, and adjust the other volume controls for the music level. The speaker connection, with the "External Speaker" setting, might get you loud enough, but like I said I would start with the lowest setting and work up, so you don't blow the EM input on the amp.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
112,156
Messages
591,013
Members
165,188
Latest member
Teemal