• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Unsupported Provisioning Cisco 7821 with Direct STUN/SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

khoiusa

New User
Joined
Oct 11, 2021
Messages
43
Reaction score
2
Hello, I recently purchased a Cisco 7821, and was wondering if you could provision using Direct STUN/SIP since I think using a SBC isn't for me since I might be moving the Cisco 7821 outside of my network. Does anyone have any solutions to this?
 
Technically you could make it work in direct SIP mode, but it's not on the supported phone list so it's not supported.

This link will detail the basic steps: https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...-phone-how-can-i-make-it-work-with-3cx.84739/

Don't forget to make sure WAN is on / not blocked and 5060 is forwarded to the PBX.

I don't think that phone has a webui so you would need to write a config and serve it up to the phone via tftp no matter where it is. You could likely set it up as a 79xx series phone in 3CX and use that config as a base with some minor tweaks. And you will likely need to have control over the DHCP server wherever the phone is.

You said you recently purchased this phone - could you return it and get a supported model?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
I think it will work with the 3CX system since I've seen someone on YouTube get it up and running.
 
I know that the Cisco 7841 and 7821 are VERY similar, I watched this video:


and the Cisco 7841 does have a web interface. If it does not have a web interface, I think I will be able to configure it with TFTP server XML files like you said, a bit more complicated, but I think will work. Also, if the Cisco 7821 does have a web interface, I will try to set it up with the SIP Server, auth ID, and auth password. I'll get in contact back when I run into any problems.
 
Just want to say that as @SweetAction already mentioned this is not a Supported IP Phone so if switching to one is still an option I would recommend doing so. That way, not only will you be eligible for 3CX Support should you ever need it, but also, provisioning and maintaining the device will be a breeze.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us