Salesforce TAPI Integration - CTI Data Connector - Error LINE_REPLY LINEERR_INVALFEATURE

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwong103

New Customer
Joined
Feb 10, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi all

Hoping this forum can help. We're trying to connect our Salesforce instance with the 3CX Phone system through Mirage's CTI Data Connector.

I'm having trouble getting the Answer Call functionality to work in the CRM when an inbound call is made. The error that comes up in the logs appear as below. I was also testing the Hold Call functionality however that doesn't appear to work either. The most important one I'm looking for is being able to accept the call though which I feel should just work

I believe I have the latest versions of 3CX installed:
  • 3CX phone for Windows version 16.3.0.198
  • 3CX Plugins v15.0.948.643
Hoping someone has an idea of what's going wrong here. Mirage has referred us to 3CX for more support as they think it's related to the TAPI driver, however they've mentioned that they've got a customer that doesn't appear to have this issue. I'm trying to find more information about their setup/installed versions but until then this is all I got.

11/02/2021 10:00:01 [100] CDC: CDCApp.AnswerCall called for Call 66066
11/02/2021 10:00:01 LineAnswer #1 (66066) [0x00010201] RequestID
11/02/2021 10:00:01 [100] CDC: CDCApp.AnswerCall returns True
11/02/2021 10:00:01 Error LINE_REPLY LINEERR_INVALFEATURE [0x00010201] RequestID
11/02/2021 10:00:01 CDC: updating Queue, Count is 1
11/02/2021 10:00:02 CDC: updating Queue, Count is 1
11/02/2021 10:00:03 CDC: updating Queue, Count is 1
11/02/2021 10:00:04 CDC: updating Queue, Count is 1
11/02/2021 10:00:05 CDC: updating Queue, Count is 1
11/02/2021 10:00:06 CDC: updating Queue, Count is 1
11/02/2021 10:00:07 CDC: updating Queue, Count is 1
11/02/2021 10:00:08 CDC: updating Queue, Count is 1
11/02/2021 10:00:09 CDC: updating Queue, Count is 1
11/02/2021 10:00:10 CDC: updating Queue, Count is 1
11/02/2021 10:00:11 CDC: updating Queue, Count is 1
11/02/2021 10:00:12 [100] CDC: CDCApp.HoldCall called for Call 66066
11/02/2021 10:00:12 Error LineHold #1 (66066) [0x80000049] LINEERR_OPERATIONUNAVAIL
11/02/2021 10:00:12 [100] CDC: CDCApp.HoldCall returns False
 
We only provide a partial implementation of TAPI, supporting the following features:
  • Inbound call notification: your app will be notified with the caller number when an inbound call arrives to your extension.
  • Make call: you can start an outbound call.
  • Drop call: you can finish an established call (inbound or outbound)

Anything else is not implemented. So the behaviour you describe is expected, you can't answer a call or put a call on hold.
 
Thanks @edossantos that's rather disappointing.

Would you know if there'll be any updates to the TAPI driver to implement more (basic I would say) functionality planned for the future?
 
I don't think so to be honest, there have been no changes in the last 10 years regarding TAPI....
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
I don't think so to be honest, there have been no changes in the last 10 years regarding TAPI....
Please kill it and use JS APIs with Electron. This way, we can also use that API in other apps if need be and you can probably have a similar 3CXCallTrigger.cmd for that new app.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,962
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe